This Week's Picks: April 22 - April 28

It's the final Friday in April Y'all! I have some favorites of the week for you today! It's things that I've purchased recently, that I'm researching or that I'm loving!



Also, a reminder that if you do Powersheets then it's time to do the monthly review and hash out the tending list!


Today is a very important day in Alabama history. It's one we all remember if you live here. On this day in 2011, fifty-five tornadoes came through the state of Alabama, changing our state. Ripping at the ground, but uniting us with helping hands. We remember the ones we lost that day, the buildings and homes where memories were made that were crumbled to the ground. But it's a reminder of the strength to carry on. April 27, 2011 Tornados- Praise You In This Storm4/27/11 - Tuscaloosa Tornado

Something that intrigued while reading one of my magazines this month was a prayer bowl. Intentionally praying for someone or something over and over and in your sight is a great thing. I like this idea because it can get your children involved. This blogger's children love to pick the prayer card in the morning for prayer. I've also started to have a growing interest in something similar to a prayer bowl; prayer & scripture stones.

Bible reading is something that I want to really dig into this year. I started small with a Write the Word journal from Lara Casey's Cultivate What Matters team. But now I'm wanting to dig even deeper. Next month my best friend, A Pop of Jess and I are going to be reading Proverbs together. I've gotten some pretty good tips like this and this for Bible reading.

Lara Casey has already been mentioned one time in the post, but here we go again. It's the summer products launch and I have already ordered and received my wonderful order from them! I'll link to the whole summer product launch here. Here is what I bought (which is almost everything in the summer launch):

  • Finance Goal Guide
  • Wellness Goal Guide
  • Write the Word Joy
  • Cultivate Faith Sticker Book
If you are new to the Cultivate What Matters products for the summer, I suggest the bundle. 

While I have a small setback that might keep me from participating as much as I would like I'm super excited about this summer's Tone It Up Bikini Series! There is so much to do with this series. And I've been a part of if it before but this time you can experience it with the help of Target and they go on tour a lot! I'll be doing this in addition to my Your Daily Walk video.

One more thing that is changing my life this week is that I'm finally on the Headspace app wagon! I'm already seeing a difference in my life because of this app. I should have known it was going to be amazing since Emma Watson recommends it. But I grew really curious when Emily Ley really recommends it. I would probably jump into any lake that Emily Ley said was cool. She has shown me to several things to try out through her blog!

That's a wrap for this week! Hopefully, you don't hate these. Let me know if you've ever heard of a prayer bowl before!

No comments