April 2018 Favorites

Hello May! I really hope May is a good one. I'm taking May pretty slow to grow. It's time to sit back for a little bit instead of constantly be doing something.


The secret garden is always open now. Open, and awake, and alive. If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden. - Frances Hodgson Burnett


So the month started off with Easter which was interesting this year, but nothing to write home about. Maybe next year! The beginning of the month was just me working, and preparing for the rest of the month by training for the half. I attempted the Ruthless Decluttering challenge with Emily Ley. Around the time we left for Disney World, Chris got really sick and bowed out of going to Disney World with us. So it was just me, Luna, Rain and their Uncle D. I also around this time learned how to really utilize my Simplified Planner. And then I hurt my leg, or so I thought. Turns out that I had a skin infection/infect hair follicle that literally went crazy. I was on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory, and it still ended up having to be lanced. Also with a terrible nosebleed at Disney. Let's just say this was not the best Disney trip.

Beauty/Haircare:


TRINKET LIQUID LIP COLOR - I love this metallic pink. It's a wonderful shimmer but not so much that you can't wear it to work. Not that I pay that much attention. I've been known to go into work with yellow eyeshadow on. But this lip color doesn't budge throughout the day.

Skincare:


ZOELLA BEAUTY Shower Shake - OMG! I love that Zoella stuff is now in Ulta. I love this too! This is so moisturizing. I can shave my legs with this and not need lotion afterward. I didn't get a really good clean feeling from it like I do my Soap & Glory body wash, but I love it for shaving my legs!

Food:


1990s Time Capsule Gift Set DYLAN'S CANDY BAR - This might have been the only good thing about my weekend in Disney World, besides the parks and races. My friend and I have devoured this after the girls had gone to bed. Granted he was born in the 80s, but I won't hold that against him. We loved this candy capsule.

Lifestyle:


VicTsing 150ml Mini Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser - This has changed the game at work. No longer do I have a wallflower at work. This is an amazing diffuser. It automatically shuts off if there is no water, which is so much better than the one I had before this. The water wick almost burnt up in my last one. This one is so easy to use and easy to clean. I love the lights on it. I love that it has a timer too. I cannot get over how much easier this one is to use.

Book:


Valor on the Move - I was expecting to like this book much. But I was sent the book for review by the author. I really enjoyed it. It was slightly cliche, but it had some major twists to it. Some that I wasn't expecting at all.

Music/Movie:


Avenged Sevenfold - Probably not an everyday band that you come across. It's not for me either but I really started listening to the group in 2007 and I haven't stopped! I have created a playlist of their songs that I can just listen to over and over. It's not a typical band by any means.

Clothing: 


AUTHENTIC SOFFE LOW-RISE - I'm kicking this really old school. When I was laid up in bed not being able to wear leggings I turned to these shorts. I usually wear these for yoga or for playing with my daughter when she is doing gymnastics. I had forgotten just how wonderful these are to sleep in.

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 

Cool Touch Kleenex - These are returning. I have been having serious trouble with my nose and these are still best kleenex. I cannot imagine using a different kleenex. Trust me when I do I fuss.

New Obsession:


Right now I don't think I could be more obsessed with goal products from Lara Casey. I had no idea how much Powersheets would affect my life. But they really do. You have to tend to them, but it's fantastic. And the whole community is so encouraging about you and your goals! She has a whole new collection out.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



I got a new car and this vid is just epic!

Disney: 

We really were surprised that the First Aid stations in the parks are epic. We had to visit two of them. One about my leg and one

Mommy Favorite:

Jolly Helpers Hand Puppets
Palace Pals Hand Puppets

Sev loves these two puppet sets. He has three but he doesn't like the story Little Red Riding Hood. The wolf always scares him so that set went up for later or for his little cousin, Queenie, and Freddie. But he has loved these two sets. We play with them making up stories or talking through books with them. He sometimes gets them and plays with them by himself. Or he will make up his own plays with them. It's great watching him stretch his imagination.


No comments