B.A.M.

Exercising your body is good, but what about your brain and your mind? If you follow me over on Instagram, you will have seen my Powersheets. And one of the recent daily action steps is something I call B.A.M.



This is how I exercise my brain, thoughts, self-aware and mind!

Let's start with what B.A.M. stands for and how I created it. At the beginning of the year, I decided I wanted some more routine to my life.  You can totally blame Emily Ley and Cori Spieker who are both really into routines. Cori started on me on this the most with this post from February.

Brain Games


I've talked before about my love for brain games for a while now. But this year is the year I feel like I have really taken a hold of it. It's become a wakeup my brain for me. I use the app Lumosity! It's fantastic with so many different "workouts." Classic, Math, Language, Favorites, Strengthen, and Quick are the options you can pick from. I usually go for classic, favorites, and strengthening.

Lumosity-Dashboard


Affirmations

I wasn't expecting to find joy in affirmations. I thought they were really silly. I felt like it was almost against God. But I finally figured it out that you can have Biblical affirmations. I have found that I really enjoy affirmations. I love hearing my own voice with strong words. And the app ThinkUp is perfect for that! I love that I can record my own voice and have it played back at me and in a loop!

Affirmations-ThinkUp


Meditation

Another practice that I never thought I would take up is meditation. I have thought it was too much against practices of God. I felt like partaking in the practice was also against God. But with Headspace, I don't feel like it's against God. It helps me sort through my thoughts and helps give me a certain kind of peace. Sometimes, I still fall asleep, but I'm working through that.

Meditation-Headspace

This is a routine I love and I find it really helps me. My next routine will be one of prayer, Bible reading, and exercising. I'll let you know how that one turns out as well. It's a huge goal of mine in the new year.

No comments