June 2020 Favorites

Hey everyone long time no see! I'm so glad we've made it to July! Oh, I'm so thankful and grateful. I hope you are well and your loved ones as well. If not I'm praying hard for them! I'm returning now from my time off! I hope you enjoy seeing what I've loved all month of June.



“What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.” — Gertrude Jekyll

Hey everyone. I know it has been a while once again. But, the craziness of the pandemic is no joke. I struggled really hard with everything. And, it finally got to me. I've had a lot of ups and downs since then. I've cut back even more on social media since it just worsens my mood and doesn't do a lot of good now for me. However, I am working on unfollowing and unliking many things on Instagram and Facebook. I even make it a point to now start unfollowing and unliking on Fridays. And slowly I'm seeing progress in my mood and my life. I'm excited for July with a new word of the year and new goals which you'll get a glimpse of next week!

But onto the good things!

Beauty/Haircare:


First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Pores Be Gone Matte Primer - Received a sample of this in my Ipsy bag and I fell hard for this product! I had been loving Too Faced Dew You Face Primer until this showed up on my door. This has that pore-minimizing feel to it. It feels so soft and moisturizing. I was a little worried because I normally do not like the smell of First Aid beauty "no scent" which leaves it smelling herbal like, but this doesn't. This has a fruity smell to it as well. My makeup has been going on a lot smoother!

Clothing:


Boca White Twisted Back Tee - I'm known for wearing sports bras around the house year-round. But sometimes we do in fact have company over. I've loved throwing this on if someone stops by the house. I love the back of this shirt. It's my perfect summer shirt! I used to have a few shirts like this from Victoria Secret, but sadly they no longer make them. I love that it's opened at the top and bottom of my back. I am prone to having the most body heat in those areas so this shirt is perfect!

Lifestyle:


Ashley Furniture Best Adjustable Base - I am so glad we were able to get these new bases and new mattresses! Working for a furniture store does have it's perks. This base has three motors so that the neck, head, and legs are all adjustable on the base. I also love that we have massage features. So yeah I guess you could say I have a vibrating bed. But, I can tell a difference in my sleep quality already. I'm sleeping so much better. Since I'm sleeping on an incline now I have had fewer issues with sinus drainage and acid reflux! I cannot rave about this bed enough!

Book


Hidden Miles by Claire Kingsley - You will hear a lot about this author in the coming months. A lot happened in May in my reading life and it changed so many things for me. But more on that later! This book is the fourth in a series and normally I wouldn't recommend a book in the middle of a series, but it's that good. I do recommend reading the other books as well. But, this series is great if you like small-town romances. This is about a war veteran who comes home scarred inside and out and suffered from extreme PTSD. This man doesn't like for people to look at him and has given up on a normal life. He has obstacles to face in real but online? He can really overcome obstacles. Will someone help him see he still has worth? Will he ever overcome the obstacles in real life?


Music:


Look What God Gave Her Playlist - This is one of my own Spotify playlists. I didn't create but a sweet friend of mine did. He has so many different songs from different time periods of music, mostly country must but there is nothing wrong with that. I have really enjoyed this.

Food:


Turkey Bacon Sliders - A sweet younger friend of mine shared this recipe with me. I figured it was going to be a family recipe or something, Nope, he discovered on Pinterest. These are delicious and the perfect lunch food! I have been craving this again almost every day since the first day that I made them. Plus, it is so easy to make!

Faith:


Less Hustle, More Jesus by Shanna Noel - Starting this journal that I bought last year with my dear friend A Pop of Jess has been amazing. We are 50 days into and it's really brought in some nuggets of wisdom. I have seriously loved that it has eye opened some topics for me. In the future, I would absolutely love to do more journals like this.


Tried and True and Returning: 


EC Petite Folio - I love this folio planning system for my home planner. It works so well for me. Right now I have a petite journal, petite daily planner, petite gratitude journal, and a petite checklist journal in my folio. I love having this for myself to dig into at night. It's one of those everything has it's place products for me.


Favorite Blog Post/YouTube Video/Podcast:


Lauren Norris - I could not pick a favorite from her. Once again the college kids that are in my life are getting ready for college and they are obsessed with watching Youtube in my home office where the huge tv is. Since it is my Tv they just leave my YouTube account open and watch whatever they want. This is where Lauren Norris comes in. She's a sweet girl from Alabama and she is talking about all things going to college. She seems like she has a really good head on her shoulders and a great role model for peers. I even recommend her! I love watching her videos!

Mommy:


Fat Brain Toys Dimpl Baby - The number of fights I so go down between my twins over this extremely simple toy was staggering. I finally bought two of these. My little ones love to poke, chew and throw this. I've realized here lately they are wanting more simple toys. This means I have put up the toys that require batteries and we are enjoying the quiet play, well except for the squealing, babbling, and crying.


That's all everyone! I know it's very shocking that there is no Disney favorite. While I did enjoy doing the Disney Virtual Races it just didn't feel like a favorite to me. 

No comments