October 2019 Favorites

Welcome, November! Welcome, everyone! I'm so grateful that you are here! I'm really sad October is already over with, like what the heck man?! But I'm savoring the season this year. I love this.



“That’s the thing about Oxford. You go for a drink in a pub with some guy and next thing he’s quoting Hamlet.”
― Nancy Warren, The Vampire Knitting Club
October is always a blast for me. It's birthday month galore, starting with me! I love celebrating everyone and all the Halloween Spooktacular! My twins are a month old, and we started off the month with a bang with me turning 29... the real 29! I had to clarify that a lot!

This month had a lot of shake-ups for me, especially at my job. Some important people in my life at my job left the company. It was devasting and it weirdly was a relief. I also embarked on a new business endeavor for myself and my family and that has helped keep my mind off the negativity at my job for which I am on maternity leave. But there is a whole other post coming on that way later.

Let's get to the good stuff.

Beauty/Haircare:


Love In London BH Cosmetic Eyeshadow Palette - This... I was left speechless when testing this palette. I'll be honest, it has been a long time since I have purchased away from Too Faced and Urban Decay in eyeshadow. But this blew me away and continues to do so with each color and combination that I try! The reviews are honest, the pigmentation on this product is insane! The shimmer ones? Look like liquid when applied! I cannot rave about this enough!

Skincare/Healthcare:


Trader Joe's Honey Mango Moisturizing Shave Cream with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E - I have had very dry skin since having the twins. To give you an indication, my elbows have hurt from being so cracked from being dry. This shave cream? Life-changing! My legs felt so incredibly soft and svelt, I was in disbelief. No more razor burn for me because the razor just glides effortlessly. It has a lotion-like feel to it but not really thick. I like the smell of it, but not everyone likes the smell of it.

Clothing:

LeggingsDepot - If you had of told me I would find leggings I love just as much as Lularoe I would have told you that you were nuts. If you would have told me that they would make all of my solid dream leggings come true well, you'd be crazy. But yet, here they are and they are magical. And they are HALF the price of Lularoe leggings. I still buy Lularoe, but these... Solid black leggings for every day of the week! My hand is raised!


Book:

Southern Discomfort - Wow this book was amazing. It had a bit of slow start, but then it took off. I was very ill with one of the characters. He was a pest and quite honestly by the end of it I didn't believe him or trust him anymore!

Movie:


The Halloween That Almost Wasn't - I love this old movie! Realizing how many of the actors and actresses I know now from other shows and movies I like is astonishing. But this show reminds me how much fun it is to believe in the magic of Halloween. The monsters that go into this season!

Music:


Jack-o-lantern - Singing Pumpkin Song - Bates Haunt - This is so catchy! I ended up singing it all month and on into this month! I love the video too! I was so impressed! This will be a staple on my Halloween Playlist from now on.

Food:


Beachbody Lemon Energize - I tried this with my breastfeeding and it works so well. I love the amount of energy it helps me keep. I love the taste. It's almost like lemonade! It's perfect for me to have in the morning when it's been a rough night.

Faith:

The Weekly Prayer Project - My best friend and I are tackling this together! 52 weeks of how to pray and prayer ideas! I love the topic of prayer! Because we have all been there wondering if we are doing it right. This book helps me feel better about how I feel!


New Obsession:


Petite Planner Gratitude Journal - When this first came out I scoffed at it. I thought it was gimmicky.  I even grudgingly bought it for my On-the-Go Planner Folio. But it was a huge thing for me to start a gratitude journal. I wasn't aware it had different prompts. Heck, I wasn't aware it had prompts at all until I received and I was very surprised. Now I love it! It helps me to really think about my day.

Tried and True and Returning: 


Polaroid Zip Instant Printer - I have started using this again. But this time for actual memory keeping! I loved having this to print pictures out that night while I'm writing down the day's adventures especially while on vacation! It's perfect for that!


Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



Disney:

We had a fabulous trip at the beginning of October. We enjoyed a lot of new things and took a few people who had never been. But, I have to say I returned to a resort and fell in love with it all over again.



Mommy:


Lalabu shirt - I adore this invention! This is so amazing for babywearing! Vincent loves it as well. We have even been wearing these shirts at Disney and we approve! We babywear other ways too, but this is my favorite for long walks especially if the little ones are sleeping.

No comments