Thankful Thursday 2019 - Week 2

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week two! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog post. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?



“Express gratitude for the greatness of small things.” - Richie Norton

  1. Watching the seasons change. There is something very magical about leaves changing colors and then falling in a swirl. I love leaves on the ground too. The crunchy sound as you walk upon a dry leaf. I have had several drives this year enjoying the fall foliage. I am almost sad that the leaves have to fall to make way for winter. And while I do enjoy the bare branches of winter there is something about the golden hue of autumn. The red leaves, the yellow leaves, orange leaves, and even the brown leaves help to create a beautiful picture.
  2. So while Alabama played the #1 team in the SEC in Tuscaloosa the President decided that he was going to visit Tuscaloosa too. I do not do politics on my blog. However, I do respect the office of the President, therefor the person holding that position deserves respect whether they deserve it or not. I was a nervous wreck about the game already, but you add in the fact that the President was coming and I went ballistic. I have children at that college. I have friends who work at that campus. I let my anxiety get away with me. What if something awful happens? What if there isn't enough protection? Which leads me to what I am thankful for. The President came and everything went smoothly. No one was hurt and I am thankful for that. Our city should be thankful for that! I am so glad things went the way they did!
  3. Knowing that my college kids were safe was a huge ordeal, except one of them, had a wreck Friday night. She's new to our little group of college kids, but she instantly felt like the rest of them do. So when she had a wreck we were all upset. However, we figured out why she had the wreck and where to go forward now. I am so grateful for the fact that she is okay!
  4. I believe I mentioned our love for our church last year! Our love has grown for the Church of the Highlands immensely. We love Pastor Hodges and his sermons. I even follow his daughter-in-law on Instagram! We love how involved they are with children of all ages, but especially our college kids. Our college kids actually want and do go to the services during the week. I am so thankful to have found our home church. I did visit another church this year and I can honestly say Highlands feels like home.
  5. Monday was Veterans Day. That day is special to me. My dad wore that uniform. My dad served his country proudly. I wish there was more that we could do for the veterans. It's horrible that we neglect veterans the way that we do. I have started looking into ways to help them more through different programs and basically how I can help straight forward. I am thankful for the people that fought for my country!
  6. World Kindness Day was yesterday on the 13th of November. It was also cardigan day! Yep, which made everyone think of Mr. Rogers. And how could it not? He was truly a man before his time and he had such a kind soul. He was the neighbor that everyone should be and should have been. Wearing a sweater yesterday (because my cardigan was dirty) made me think about being kind to people. I hope his legacy lives on forever! I am thankful that I watched Mr. Rogers growing up!
  7. World Diabetes Day is a day that I'm grateful for because I have so many loved ones that have diabetes. A Pop of Jess did a wonderful job of explaining what there is to be thankful for if your loved ones do have diabetes. Bringing awareness gets us closer to a cure that hopefully, one day will mean less depending on so many things. It's really hard to watch your love go through diabetes. Because like A Pop Of Jess says, not all diabetes are the same. They aren't even the same about insulin or how the pancreas reacts.

I do hope you hop over to A Pop of Jess's blog for today! It really helps you see diabetes in a new light! Until next week!

No comments