Thankful Thursday 2019 - Week 4 - Happy Thanksgiving

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week two! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog post. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! 

An open home, an open heart, here grows a bountiful harvest. - Judy Hand
I am so sad this is the last Thankful Thursday for this year, for this decade even! Next year, Lord willing will be the beginning of a new decade. 

1. Enjoying watching the game in a different atmosphere. We were in Western Carolina country for them versus Alabama. I had forgotten that all of our family from North Carolina goes for them. So, I was thankful for that different kind of experience. It was a lot of good fun for us and them. We loved having that feeling of friends and family and a touch of foe for the day!

2. The laughter shared between me and Vinny. I love our conversation while decorating. He says, "A few." I drop what I have in my hands and stare at him because there are kids all around us. I thought he said "F U." I am so grateful to be married to one of my best friends!

3. This year it really hit home for me that I am thankful for the flexibility in my schedule. I have had a wonderful 4 months of maternity leave. I still wish maternity leave was better in the United States but I am grateful for what we do have! I have loved snuggling my babies close to me! 

4. Seeing our family in North Carolina and realizing that sometimes it may seem like we are all alone in the universe and no one notices us. But in reality, they really do. I was extremely grateful for the love that was shown to us in our tiny town in NC. They welcomed us into their homes and their experiences while getting to know our little ones!

5. I am so thankful now that all of my family and friends have had safe travels for Thanksgiving! My best friend traveled to see her mother for Thanksgiving. We have a few in Nashville, and a few in Vermont and other places. I'm so truly thankful that we are all safe today! 

6. I'm grateful for what 2019 has shown me so far. It hasn't been the easiest of years for my mental health. This year has taught me a lot about negativity, drama, and mindfulness. Seeing what I saw I realize that sometimes we have to take a step back and think about us and our families. Not just our jobs.

7. I am thankful for all of you! I know I have been rather silent this year, but I want to still thank you for being the readers that you are! I love those of you who come to my tiny corner of the internet and read my ramblings from Alabama!

And it's time to put up some more Christmas trees! And be sure to check out A Pop of Jess!

No comments