Thankful Thursday 2016 - Week 3

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week three! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog for this year. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?


Psalm 100:4 “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.”




1. A Steady Income - No, I'm not bragging. I'm so, so grateful for that. I'm in a lot of groups on Facebook and it's scary how many people are losing their jobs or are in between jobs as well. I work mostly for myself, so it's up to me to make things work. I really try to delegate part time jobs this season. I know a lot of people are trying to get home or have enough for the perfect present. Or, even simply buy a few gifts, or keep the house warm. I understand.

2. Football - This is slightly materialistic. Football season for me is amazing. Complete strangers can say a phrase to each other because of a logo on their shirt and the person replies with a smile (most of the time.) I've seen it happen and I've had it happen to me. Alabama football is something that I am very grateful for in my life. The community and team we have as fans of the university is incredible.

3. Arriving Back Safely in Alabama - Traveling from California back to sweet home Alabama was a breeze. Technically it was a snore, because we left at 11:30 P.M. Pacific time and arrived in Atlanta at 6:40 is A.M. It was well needed sleep. Arriving back in the south was nice especially since the temperature had dropped at night. It's finally feeling like autumn/winter! Which is two things to be happy for this week really!

4. Having a Holiday plan - Instead of running around and doing things at the last minute I have a specific plan. I am able to put the plan into my planner and really make it work for me. There is a whole post coming about my Holiday planning tomorrow. I have really felt more at ease since doing this plan and all the other things as well.

5. Frankie - I was thankful for Vin last year, and I'm still thankful for him this year. Frankie, though, stood out to me this week. For starters, he wanted to introduce himself to the readers on this blog with his very own Tea Time. Then when I felt the need to hurt my leg (see below); he was right there and doing things for me. It helped me feel so much and I had such a deep appreciation for him. I really didn't want to walk on my knee for messing it up further. He did amazing with the errands I needed to run.

6. Knee Pain Healing Quickly - I stepped wrong on Tuesday afternoon at work, and it felt like my knee exploded in the front. I just knew that my leg was going to swell and I wouldn't run anytime soon. But as of yesterday afternoon it is fine. There is no pain now. And for it to go from pain so bad it was waking me up in the middle of the night to nothing at all, I am very grateful! It was a true miracle and blessing!

7. Awareness for Type 1 Diabetes - My family has changed a lot in the last year. Some of the adoptions didn't go through or had to be transferred, but my little Luna and my Olivia who are now completely mine, both have Type 1 Diabetes. This month is the awareness month for that and I am very proud that I have seen that more this year. Because it should be. Sure my children are alive, but they have shots daily or a pump that is pumping insulin so that they can stay alive. One wrong thing and I may not have a child that I love dearly. It's a scary situation to be in. It's heartbreaking. But I am grateful for the awareness this year.

What are you thankful for this week? If you haven't read Week 1 or Week 2 here they are. 

No comments