Thankful Thursday 2016 - Week 2

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week two! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog for this year. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?


Psalm 95:2 “Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.”

1. Jessica, My Best Friend - A Pop of Jess (Her blog name) is known quite well on this blog. I usually talk about her at least once a week. In real life we are the best of friends. In the past three years there hasn't been a day we haven't spoken with each other. We don't talk all the time (ok some days we do) but we know lots of things about each other. We know each other pretty well at this point. Nothing is better than a conversation between the two of us. She asked me one day what do I do when I'm anxious... It's simple, I talk to her and pray. I'm thankful for a friendship that helps to ease away all the bad things in this world.

2. Christmas Music - There is nothing like waking up November 1st and discovering that Christmas music has started! I will never forget the year I spent most of my Halloween voting for Christmas music to start the next day and it did! Why? Why before Thanksgiving? It makes me happy. It brings wonderful memories to me. Santa Baby makes me tear up but I still listen to it. For years, I couldn't remember why the song Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg. I finally remember the person that sang that to me the Christmas that we spent together. I am thankful for the feeling that Christmas music gives me.

3. Time Change - I love it when Daylight Savings Time Ends and we fall back an hour! I love the darkness. I love the mornings being bright. I love I get an extra hour of sleep! I am so thankful year when the time changes during the fall. It is amazing to feel refreshed and ready to go in the mornings instead of being sluggish.

4. Disney - I realize this might be a little obvious, but let me explain. Disney was created by a man that was told he couldn't draw. That he wasn't good enough. Now, people laugh at that. Disney owns more companies than people realize. I've learned so much through Disney. From the movies to the parks to being apart of the company! I will forever be grateful that Disney is what it is!

5. Planning - For quite some time planning has been amazing for me. I adore laying down stickers and writing in my planner, making my life functional yet cute at the same time. I don't think I could live without my Erin Condren. There are moments when I get frustrated or forget to plan, and I think why am I doing this? But I have to be honest, I love doing this. I love the community. I love having a best friend where we literally are like 5 years old children looking at stickers. I'm thankful for finding such a hobby and tool!

6. Right to Vote - As a kid I didn't understand why I should vote, when millions would vote too? What difference was I? As a teenager it didn't get much better, learning about electoral votes made me question why even more. When I became 18 and voted for the first time, this seemed a little better. But my vote was cast and it felt like it was just a waste. This year seeing at one point there was 11 vote difference in one state... That was what made me realize that I should be thankful that I have that right to vote. To be part of the 11 that pushes that electoral vote!

7. The Ability to Pray Directly to God - I'm not sure how I would have felt living in the Old Testament. Knowing that I had to go through someone else would stress me out. I was very thankful that Jesus fixed that as I was praying Tuesday night. The prayers that came out of me that night to God wasn't what you would call the best prayers. It was raw and emotional. I was very thankful I could talk to Him directly though.

What have you been thankful for this week? Here is Week 1 if you missed it!

No comments