Thankful Thursday 2016 - Week 1

Welcome back to Thankful Thursdays! This is week one! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog for this year. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?


Psalm 118:28 “You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you.”




1.  Almost two weeks ago I was in a very bad wreck. I was T-boned because a Jeep did not stop and I was going through the light. I had stitches up my side, but those came off Tuesday and I am cleared to run. I very thankful that I recovered as quickly as I did!

2. I was slightly apprehensive about this family reunion trip to Disney World. (Follow the hashtag #CollinsCrashDisneyWorld) But God made this trip amazing for the whole family. We laughed, and learned so much about each other. It was only the very last day home that things got a little out of control but we were home before it became so bad.

3. While having a drought in central Alabama, I was worried it was going to be hotter than the surface of the sun. However, thank the Lord, it was partly cloudy and very windy! The breeze sometimes would very gusty! I was very, very grateful.

4. Coming home was a huge blessings! I know, I know I love Disney, but I was ready to come home. Sometimes, it is just nice to come home. This trip was great, but I needed some head space and a lot of free time without people constantly looking at me. I really thanked God a lot when I was able to go to my office and shut the door for some time.

5. Our annual fall festival in North Carolina went off perfectly! I love the fall festivals up there, because it reminds me of the ones you see in the movies. Including the obnoxious teenagers who would rather be anywhere else. But this year we made it spooky for them and they enjoyed it a lot more. We try to have something new each year so that people don't feel like they are doing the same thing each year. We want them to walk away with new memories each year! This year God provided perfectly for that!

6. Growing up I wanted a big family, because back then my family was rather small. My family is no longer small, I have a lot of sisters. But not just my siblings, I have a yard full of kids. I love every single one of them. People tick me off by saying it's too many or that there is no way we can provide for all of them. But God has blessed me with more than enough to take care of them and meet all of their needs and a lot of their wants. No my kids won't have a room to themselves until they are older, like the older ones do, but they have a huge family that they can go to their siblings. God blessed me with a huge family, and has encouraged me to continue guiding, nurturing, and loving them.

7. 2016 was suppose to be my last year of racing so much; God had other plans. Frankie came to me through my best friend and asked if I wouldn't run all the races with him in the year 2017. I had told several people that there were two races I wasn't sure I would do next year, but here I am ready to sign up for them. I'm very thankful that God let me find this hobby that not only keeps me healthy but has helped me grow closer to others as well. Which is where I am this weekend, and we made it safely back to Orlando!

What have you been grateful for this week?

No comments