January 2018 Favorites

Hello everyone! I hope your January has been great so far! I'm so excited for this year. So many blessings have already happened this year. Best one? Finding out so much about myself and making progress on things! But let's give February a big welcome applause and much love!



Like I said at the top, my January was new experiences, progression, and excitement. I started out with goals; monthly, weekly, and daily. I also decided to try out some seasonal things as well. Progress was made through doing 21 days of prayer and fasting. I finally downloaded Silhouette software on my computer. Cleaned my desk at home and I moved into a new office at work! I finalized routines for myself. Seasonal decorations have been bought well into the spring as well as implementing them at work. I've really embraced oils and read about them! I'm also way ahead of my reading schedule for the year. I'm taking my lunch more and drinking huge amounts of water! I'm doing a daily and a weekly devotion. To me I feel like this is what I've been wanting to talk about. While I did do the Disney World Marathon weekend, completing my third Dopey Challenge and finishing it off with the Castaway Cay Challenge. I feel like the other things are more important. So thanks January!

Beauty:

Too Faced BOSS LADY AGENDA - Let's start off with a brand that I became obsessed with in 2017. And let's just say that it has grown! This palette came with a planner! A true monthly agenda with stickers. I don't think it could be any more me except the fact that it is! It zips up and has a mirror and a place to hold another cahier notebook. Yep I'm talking about planners in a beauty category which is why this is so perfecting! But back to the palette. It's gorgeous colors, with a highlighter, blush and bronzer! And there are tutorials in the agenda!

Skincare:

Heel Genius by Soap & Glory - It's winter so my feet haven't felt their usual softness. But this does the trick every night when I get home. This goes on my heels and thick socks come on to lock in the moisture! I love this brand as well in 2017, and I find that their products really fit my life style more and more. Plus, their packaging is adorable!


Food:


SmartWater - Oh my goodness! I fell in love with this water back in December while we were in Disney and there were some heat moments. They are not lying when they say you can feel it! I can feel like I'm give out and this water perks me up! I have started drinking more water this month and I love buying the bigger bottles at Sam's. I keep a couple of the sparkling waters for at night at home.

Lifestyle:


Philips Sonicare Toothbrush - I thought all electronic toothbrushes were created equally. I've been buying cheaper ones. But I received this as Christmas present. I am still trying to get over how much cleaner my mouth FEELS! Not just the notice in how much whiter my teeth are. But the sheer amount of how smooth and shiny they feel! I am looking forward to trying more from this line!

Book:

Darker - I read both Grey and Darker this month. To me the second one was much more interesting from Christian Grey's perspective. I enjoyed both, do not get me wrong. However, I feel like Grey was more of an experiment with her and Darker has more detail.

Music/Movie:

I thought long and hard about this. But I really don't have a new favorite movie or new favorite song. It wasn't a media month for me.

Clothing: 


WHITE + WARREN CASHMERE CROSSOVER HEADBAND - It's been unusually cold in Alabama, which I'm really not complaining about minus the craziness of problems some of my loved ones had with the freezing temps. But I've also been out in it more. Even when we were in Florida running it was 30 degrees one morning... in Orlando!!! This headband has been amazing! It really keeps my ears warm and it stays in place! Plus, it's so soft. I have worn it so much. I really recommend it!

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 


The Golden Girls - Hi! My obsession returned full force while taking a fasting from Netflix. Um, loving the Golden Girls again. Like I want everything Victorian and then I'm like nope, loving Glenn Miller and the Golden Girls over here. Can I have a tea party with Glenn Miller playing in the back, like please?!?!

New Obsession:


Highland's Church - For years now I have been wanting a good church. One that I won't get bored with. One that I will actually feel bad for missing. I have found it. I've already been criticized for liking this church, so go ahead if you feel like it. But I love this setting. My kids love this church. I'm watching it online right now because the flu is horrible right now in our area.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



Yep, you see a lot of Bits of Paradis in my favorites because right now she's the one I can relate to the most. And this video was creative, fun and festive! 

Disney: 

Getting engaged... Again. - Yep. Why not get engaged three times in your life? He proposed during tea which might explain my interest in tea has grown so strongly. But regardless, I loved it. I realize people scoff at me. I get it, I do. I've scoffed at people before, but please be patient with me. It's still a learning thing for me.

Mommy Favorite:

Being Thankful (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter) by Mercer Mayer  - Oh my children started going through this phase where they thought they were entitled to things. It was becoming out of hand. So some things disappeared. There was outrage, and then it was story time. I realize my children have it better than a lot of children. But they will not think that they are better than others. We are here to help others and to give back. This book helped a lot. 

No comments