10 Lessons I Learned this Winter

Hey everyone! I know it's hard to get excited about anything right now. I hear you! From this virus, pollen, allergies, and the return of bugs it's very depressing. I mean people are bringing back out their Christmas lights and Hallmark is turning back on Christmas movies-- Can we just cancel spring? Well, if not let's talk about the season we are going out of right now.


We can learn something from every season in our life...


Honestly, I have forgotten where I got this idea. Someone else has written their things that they learned this past winter and I decided that it's a really good idea to do that. It's a good reminder to not forget the big lessons you learned!


  1. Taking my kids to Disney at all ages is fine. No, Brenda, my 5-month-old baby may not remember this, but I will remember the cackling laughter as Mickey twitches their nose at them. I will remember the wonder on their faces as fireworks crackle across the sky. I will remember the sticky hands as they grabbed for my ice cream bar. I will cherish that picture of Baymax gently patting my baby's head. So, yeah I'm going to take them at all ages!

  2. I am allowed to celebrate holidays how I see fit. Do not tell me it's too early for a holiday. It's never too early to celebrate any holiday. I don't mind seeing Valentine's Day candy on Christmas Eve even. And don't even get me started when I see those Cadbury Cream eggs hit stores in February!

  3. Nonfiction is good for my soul! Oh, I am learning this more and more! It's good to read about real-life things from time to time! I've even learned more about myself while reading none fiction.

  4. Diagnosing yourself on the internet is really bad. Just don't do it. Don't put yourself through that kind of torture. JUST DON'T DO IT!

  5. Clorox and Lysol can be your best friend. Green crunchy people don't come at me. Bleach is what is used throughout hospitals and right now you are really grateful for it. I'm thankful for these products!

  6. Chiropractic is good for all of your health. Yes, this is new in my life. I have decided to go see a chiropractor and I've learned so much! I also feel so much better. My physical appearance has been helped also by this! I really love the guy I see. If you want me to do a whole post on chiropractic let me know in the comments below.

  7.  It's okay to have more than one planner. While I tried this last year and failed. This year is different. I have four planners that work perfectly together. This one you don't have to ask for it's already in the works!

  8. Keeping a gratitude journal is really life-changing. No, I'm not some weird person saying that. I've now seen the effects! Please don't just right down shelter, food, job, family, and friends every day. While it's great to be thankful for those things, get specific. Did you clean an area in your home you had been wanting to? Was lunch seriously amazing? Why was it so amazing? What about your job are you most grateful for besides your paycheck? Why about your family? What about your friends?

  9. Dark chocolate can taste good. But, you have to teach yourself to like it. And, it's not that easy to do. But, I'm having fun trying to learn to love it!

  10. Do what you think is best for your body. I learned at the end of last year to listen to my body. I needed to note what I felt. I needed to listen to it about food.
What did you learn this past winter? What do you think you will learn this spring? I'm nervous but excited to learn.

No comments