O.W.L.s Magical Readathon: 2020 TBR

Hey everyone! I hope you are doing better than you were yesterday if not I have something magical for you today. That's right it's time for O.W.L.s again!


“I address you all tonight for who you truly are: wizards, mermaids, travelers, adventurers, and magicians. You are the true dreamers.” ― Brian Selznick, The Invention of Hugo Cabret

O.W.L.s Magical Readathon, or the Ordinary Wizarding Levels, is a readathon created by Book Roast over on Youtube. She has a website for the readathons but, there are few direct links to important information such as the prompts and wizarding careers guidebook.

I'm really excited to have something to do during this April; something to have a bit of magic with while the world is so gloom and doom. This is my third year doing this and I cannot wait to start! 

I have picked a career this year. Strangely enough, A Pop of Jess and I picked the same thing without talking to each other about it! I didn't pick a career last year. I just wanted to read all the books, and I still plan to this year but with emphasis on reading the ones just for Care of Magical Children! That's right since my first love is taking care of children in the real world, why not go for it in the magical world. 

Mandatory Requirements

Arithmancy
: Read something outside of your comfort zone
- Fiercehearted - Holley Gerth

Charms: Book with a white cover
Going for Two - Van Cole

Defence Against the Dark Arts: Book set at the sea/coast
A Perfect Spell - Samantha Silver

Herbology: Title that starts with an'
Murder, Mayhem, and Bliss - Loulou Harrington

History of Magic: Book featuring witches/wizards
Fair Isle and Fortunes - Nancy Warren

Muggle Studies: Book from a perspective of a muggle
Protecting What's Mine - Lucy Score

Potions: Book under 150 pages
Dark Needs by Maris Black

Transfiguration: Book/series that includes shapeshifting
Dance with the Devil - Megan Derr

And since I am an overachiever, I, like Jess, have picked books out for the other prompts as well and attempt to read them as well!

Extra Prompts

Ancient Runes: Heart on the cover or in the title
Let Me Show You - Becca Seymour

Astronomy: Read the majority of this book when it's dark outside
Single - RJ Scott

Care of Magical Creatures: Creature with a beak on the cover
Turkey in the Snow - Amy Lane

Divination: Assign numbers to your TBR and use a random number generator to pick your read
Dress Shop Dreams - Menna van Praag

And if that wasn't enough for you? She has also added courses, seminars, and training that we can take as well. Thankfully, those books can double up. The course that I have chosen is something that I am already doing for my career anyway, but it is also something I would find fascinating as well!!

Magical Shop Management; Arithmancy: Read something outside of your comfort zone

Be sure to check out A Pop of Jess's O.W.L.s Magical Readathon: 2020 TBR. As besties, we have been doing this readathon and many others together for a while. Are you participating as well? Leave a list of your TBR down below!

No comments