Thankful Thursday 2018 - Week 2

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week two! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog post. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?



Psalm 95:2 “Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.”


  1. I'm thankful for being able to travel to a place I love. I loved going to Disney World for the weekend last weekend. I love that it holds a place with so many memories for me. I do not take for granted the fact that I get to visit there a lot. I love that it just feels like home for me. It's starting to feel like home for some of my kids as well. My little Luna has discovered she can roam the parks without a map now and not get lost. I've very proud of her for that.

  2. I'm grateful for the love between Vin and me with our kids. We love dance parties these days. We started off five years ago with Rain. We took her to see Frozen... And my little girl who was belting off key is now going to Iceland to participate in a dance tournament. I love the love little weird quirks we have our kids. The tickles parties, the no utensil suppers, and the Chickfila runs are some of our favorites.
  3. The word grateful comes to mind when I think of the word pain. I've learned that things are painful, but learning to be grateful for the wound that leads you closer to God is liberating! That has been a huge lesson for me for 2018.
  4. Since Vin and I got married I have eternally grateful for music. That is the most absolute wonderful thing about marriage... We are known lip sync sessions in bed with wiggling and giggling. Because him in that darn hat is darling in bed and while singing his heart to One Direction to Eve 6. We are known to just sing to each other while stealing the cap back and forth. (For those of you who don't know, that's how we met at Disney World back 2002, I stole his cap during a field trip where his school was also visiting.)
  5. My Emily Ley Water Bottle is changing my water intake game. I thought it was going to take a gadgety water bottle to get me on this wagon. But for some reason the fact that it's pretty and matches my planner gets me chugging some water. I'm grateful that I have started with more water intake. I can really tell a difference in my skin. But I'm always looking for more motivation for drinking water.
  6. Another thing that I have come to be grateful is Flylady Holiday Missions. She starts prepping you in October. I truly feel ready to take on the holidays with her babies steps. I actually follow these steps each year. I'm not a flyer by any means, but I really do feel like her Holiday Missions actually work.
  7. That it is finally boot-season is something that I'm grateful for this season. I just love feeling secure in footwear and boots just do it for me. I keep finding seriously cute boots too! The thicker heal and the more detail on them the more I'm loving them this year. 
That's it for me this week! Check back next week. Oh and be sure to hop over to A Pop of Jess for her Week Two! 

No comments