2019 Word of the Year Review

Hey everyone! How is your search for your word of the year going? Do you pick one out at the beginning of the year or do you pick one on your birthday? I pick mine out at the beginning of the year. If you haven't heard about mine then you can head over there now to 2020 Word of the Year, Goals, Vision Board, Bucket List Items and Aspirations.



“Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart


When I'm asked did I live out my word of the year for 2019 I have to say yes, but I'm not sure that I did? My word of the year was Celebrate Joy. Yes, it was a phrase. Yes, I was pregnant for the first 8 months of the year... And work? Well, work stole any joy that I thought I had.

My first mistake was not praying enough about my word of the year. I really want to pray hard on my word this year. I want God to shed light on this year's word. I honestly think I was supposed to find the joy in certain situations last year and I failed. I failed to the point I went through depression.

I felt joy when my leg recovered. I felt joy when my twins were born. I felt joy when things started to let up. That's about it for last year. There were other things, but I didn't appreciate them. I didn't live up to my word. I'm really sorry that I didn't.

How will I change that this year?

  • Pray my word!

  • Study my word in detail!

  • Journal about my word at least one time each week to see where it popped up.

  • Have my word in front of me as much as possible!

  • Memorize scripture about the word of the year!

  • Use Ephesians 4:22-24 to really utilize my word of the year.

  • Make a graphic or art with my word!

  • Share what I'm learning here with you guys!

  • Share it with others on different platforms!


At the end of 2019 when the worst of the year was over I learned that I needed to heal. I start back into gratitude. I returned to prayer. And I started a self-care journal that helped right away. These things didn't magically fix things overnight, but I felt more like myself. I do not regret 2019. I hated that I lost people I thought were close friends, but life goes on.

How did your word of the year go?

No comments