December 2019 Favorites

Hey everyone! I cannot believe it's a new year and a new decade! I actually slept through the first few seconds of this new year. My best friend actually woke me back up. So, if the legends are right then I'm sleeping all year and talking to my best friend. And I'm okay with that!


“If you don't know where you want to go then it doesn't matter which path you take.” – Alice from Alice in Wonderland

My month was the usual Christmas season! I really enjoyed it this year. I felt very cozy this season. I spent a lot of my time with my best friend. I tried to make the most of all the festivities and music! My tree won't be coming down for a while!

Beauty/Haircare:


25 Pack Hair Scrunchies Rabbit Bunny Ear Bow Bowknot Scrunchie Velvet Scrunchy Bobbles Elastic Hair Ties Bands Ponytail Holder - I have loved these so much! Okay, so the college girls in the house inspired me to get them. But, they are so comfortable and cute! Plus, the girls said I could pull them off, so I feel like I'm good.

Skincare/Healthcare:


Pronamel Strong & Bright, Whitening Enamel Toothpaste, Extra Fresh Sensodyne Pronamel - I've been having a lot of issues with my teeth. This toothpaste took a lot of the weirdness out for me. Oh, it helps with sensitivity so much! I don't know that I could use another toothpaste other than Sensodyne now!

Clothing:


Micro Performance Fleece 1/4-Zip Pullover for Women - I have been living in this when I get home from work! It's so nice and perfect for long nights at home with it being and getting colder all the time. I love it because I can also wear it to go run in the mornings!

Book:


A Kiss Before Christmas (Rory & Jack #1) by A.E. Ryecart - This was actually hard for me to pick out a book for the month. I read a lot of great ones. This one though pulled out the heartstrings. And if you like an M/M book that doesn't have sex, this is your book without it being Young Adult. It was very well written.

Movie:


Christmas in Dollywood - Duh! How could this not be my movie of the month! Yes, Dollywood! Yes, Hallmark! Yes, Christmas! Yes, Annie F. Downs. Wait... she didn't make the film! But she was still an extra in the movie and how awesome is that?!? I loved this movie even without Annie. I love Dolly, and I always have.

Music:


Kari Job - O Holy Night
Maybe it's because the Advent was called A Thrill of Hope and their playlist for it had this on it. I just fell in love with this version. It just has a wonderful tone to it.

Food:


Easy Chip Dip - They had this at our Thanksgiving at work and I found the recipe. I'm never buying store-bought again!

Faith:


Advent She Reads Truth A Thrill of Hope - Doing this with my best friend was incredible! I honestly feel like this kickstarted my faith in a whole new way. One that I'm not willing to let go of any time soon!

New Obsession:


She Reads Truth - You'll probably seeing a lot of She Reads Truth on the blog from now on. I am excited about getting their subscription box that comes with a new study every month! I want to spread the word about them more! Their products are amazing quality! They also have He Reads Truth and Kids Read Truth! It's kind of taking over our house.

Tried and True and Returning: 


DEWENWILS 12 FT Foot Switch Extension Cord, 3 Grounded Outlets, 16/3C Power Cord with ON/OFF Switch, Green - I am pretty sure I've never talked about this on the blog before, but these have been a favorite for years!! I love not having a timer, but rather just tapping the button with my foot and the lights coming on. I also like that I use these year-round for seasonal lighting in the front windows and the back windows of the house.


Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



Christopher Allen's blogmas was the best one out there!

Disney:


Frozen II - Vin and I recreated one of our favorite dates to date. We went and saw Frozen II on Black Friday morning, even though I had to work. It was fabulous!

Mommy:

Baby Christmas Socks Baby Shower Gift Set - These socks had me laughing all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day because my little babies had these on their tiny little feet. We loved these so much because of the sass of these socks match our family so well.

I hope your having a great day on the second day of January! 

No comments