Tea Time With Hunter: The Big One

Grab your favorite tea! Please take a few seconds to get comfortable... There is big news to be shared! I'm actually skipping the tea today, however, and switching it to some fantastic, hot apple cider.



This is going to seem so unreal for me!

I'm MARRIED! Yes! I am now Hunter Mallone. I've started applying to change my name everywhere! I have a lot of things that need to be changed. I'm keeping Collins too since I have businesses and so many other things. It's not going to be hyphenated or anything, but I'm keeping it along with Devon! So there is your update on my name.

We got married yesterday on October 28, 2018! It's crazy weird because that's the exact date we were supposed to get married on last year. Well hey, howdy, hey, we did the job this year! It's so wild being married to him. It was extremely satisfying to change my name on Facebook. We are going to make sure that the kids are adopted by me. I've had guardianship for the last five years, but now we are officially a family!

The wedding was at our home. Do I love that? Yes! I will be able to look at that spot almost every day and see the love and commitment that took place there. We are still doing a few renovations to our home. Vincent and I big fans of hygge, and we are adding that feeling and theme to our family home in Tuscaloosa.

What about our honeymoon? Well, we are heading to Disney World at the end of this week for me to run, so that's not exactly a honeymoon. Especially since we will have all of our kids this weekend with us, and not just the ones that run! We still have the intention to go to Norway during the summer months. We have had that in the plans for a while. The other idea, for the time being, is that we take a not so impromptu trip to Disney World, again in December at the beginning. Just some time for us.

Will I continue my running now that I'm married? Yes and no. Next year I'm going to take off running so many races next year and take the times to focus on Vin and our family. When 2020 comes around depending on our family I'll probably come back really strong in my running races game. Vin supports my running and especially my running races. He likes the vacations that come with them. He saw the damaged of what happened to me over the last eight months not getting to run because of my condition. Running really helps me with anxiety, depression, etc. It really does help with my mental health.

Wait, what condition? If you haven't heard I have a condition called erythema nodosum. Praise be to god that we finally have a name for it. I have been on steroids all this month, and have been taken off my birth control. Nice timing huh? Just kidding, Vin and I will continue our family as soon as we have this condition cleared up for me. It is going to take a while perhaps because sometimes this is caused by a different condition. We are hoping it was just a slip up in my hormonal balance.

How is Vin? Oh, he's acting like he doesn't even have Lupus or Type 1 Diabetes these days. He has started an IV regime that has given him so much energy he is acting nothing like his age. He is a total teenager again. With the help of these IVs, he has been able to come off a lot of his medicines, instead of having to take about 20 different pills at night and morning. It's been wonderful to see him have color again.

We are both really happy that we have overcome things that we thought for sure would tear us apart. We both laugh when one of us says we are married. Yall have to realize that when you meet your mate at age eleven you have no idea what you will be like when you are older. Or at least I had no idea when I stole his hat all those years ago. That hat was with me on my wedding day as my something old inside it was a handkerchief of his grandmother. I had to have both to feel confident.

Well, that's all for today folks! Until next time!

No comments