Pregnancy Review: Weeks 1-20, Body Issues and Gender Reveal

Hey everyone! I have some special things to tell you today. I am going to be real and upfront about my pregnancy. I hope this helps someone.




Yes, I am excited! Two babies are growing inside of me and I feel it! I love them a lot already! But, lets back up and answer some questions?

Were they planned?
No, they were not. I was actually waiting for my best friend to get married so that we could try and be pregnant together. So, finding out I was pregnant came as a shock. Trust me, we had waited a long time to get married (and I had waited to get married if you know what I mean.) There may have been some times with no protection. It was God's plan.

Oh, so that means...
No. We were not on any fertility plans or regimes. I am not throwing that in anyone's face. I am just being real and answering this question for the people that have asked.

How did I find out?
I kept not feeling well. I had a large decrease in energy. Honestly, I felt depressed. I thought it might just be winter blues, etc. Nope, my best friend was right. I was pregnant.

So, when is the due date?
September 10, but it is unlikely that we will go that long. We are hoping for a truly natural birth with no medicine or medical intervention. Spare me, I have a fantastic midwife, birthing center and a doula that has given birth herself over 6 times to 11 kids.

How have I felt?
First off, I haven't had morning sickness. I can count on one hand how many times I threw up. I actually had the other end problems in the afternoon. Bloat was a huge issue for me. It was slightly vain of me. I hated how I looked. I struggled something fierce through it. There were times I was actually wishing I wasn't pregnant and feeling terrible about it. I felt horrible either way. I had never known how to handle my body looking different. It was terrible on my body.

What exactly do you mean?
Well at 21 weeks I had literally only gained 5 pounds since I was weighed in December at the doctor's office. We are still working on me gaining more weight. A lot of people have accused me of not eating. Oh, that's not the case. I've always struggled with weight gain outside of body image. I like to workout. I always have. It makes me feel better. That, plus my high metabolism is what is causing this issue. Just struggling with this has caused me some issues with others.

What have I discovered with all of this?
Olly Vitamins! These are the best gummies. I'll be honest before I was pregnant I was taking Flintstone vitamins. That's it. So, now I'm on prenatal gummies, iron supplement, and some other gummies from Olly. You can take the whole line of Olly gummies together! My midwife is so happy!

Am I planning on breastfeeding, pumping or formula?
Breastfeeding and pumping is the plan! I have signed up for classes and registered for things to help me with that.

What is the best advice I have been given so far?
Don't rush the days. Days turn into weeks. Weeks turn into months. And months turn into years that you just can't get back.


Will I have a birth plan?
Yes, I started writing up my birth plan back in 2013!

How did I pick my midwife and doula?
My midwife came as highly recommend midwife from my doula. And my doula? Well, she's is a best friend of mine!

What cravings have I had? What Aversions have I had?
Cravings? Hamburgers with extra ketchup and mustard, cupcakes, crab wontons, chocolate ice cream, watermelon. Aversions are spaghetti, sushi, seltzer water or La Croix drinks, egg casserole, and thick bbq sauce. I can do think BBQ sauce.

Now, what I know you've read the rest of this post. What will our little sluggers be?
Well, we had a pretty big gender reveal. Our closet friends and family were there. It was extremely wonderful watching Vin's special best friend (they are exes to each other, and yes Vin is a bisexual. Don't start) throw him the baseballs that were loaded with colored powder. They used to play baseball together so it was extremely sweet for them. When the first baseball exploded blue I was so excited. A little boy. Little Dylan Noah. The second baseball was the hardest to wait for though. But when that ball exploded pink, I literally sank to my knees and cried. A little girl. Her name took some time, but Jessica Adaline will be joining her brother.

I will continue to update through different posts as these months keep moving along. I am excited about all the posts coming! Thank you for all of your support!

No comments