April 2019 Favorites

Hey yall! I'm so glad you are here! April was a blast and filled with surprises! I cannot wait to see what May brings. Of course, my May will have the Secret Garden in it!



April started off in Disney World because it's just a second home for real at this point. We celebrated a friend's birthday, celebrated a relationship, and it was a race weekend. It was a blast! I went back to the dermatologist. He is fantastic to me. And I'm fixing to be really real for a second. I've been seeing Dr. Bentley for what was wrong with my leg last year. I realize some people cannot get past he did as a governor. I have forgiven him, and you know what? He invited me to the Highlands at 11:30. And trust me that comes into play later.

This was the first month we have had a lot of stormy weather for the year. Of course, one of the first line of storms to come through we had a gas leak in the neighborhood and we had to leave in the middle of it. We went to a friend's house. And we ended up pretty much going towards the tornado. How's that for luck? But their house and our family is all okay.

There was a lot of more birthday celebrations and we enjoyed it all. I had to keep working through the rest of the month. We had some pretty big meetings and I spent that time well. I love getting to be creative and organize at work.

Probably my favorite thing this month wasn't Easter, but finding out what my twins are! Nope, I'm not telling you here. Come back next Monday to find out about their gender! We had a lot of our closest friends and some family. We decided to go with a baseball theme. It was perfect for us since of course, Vanderbilt was playing Alabama that weekend. Vin went up to bat and hit the plastic baseballs filled with the color powdered. His very special best friend was the one that pitched the baseballs to him. It was amazing seeing Vin at bat again. We did two different baseballs and we are so incredibly happy!

Easter was a little dull after that Saturday. However, I did get to go to Church of the Highlands at 11:30, and yep I saw Dr. Bentley. He recognized me and gave me a hug. I'm sorry I just feel like it's what I am supposed to do. Stand up for that!

Honestly, April was amazing for a month I usually dread.

Beauty/Haircare:


Herbal Essence Charcoal Shampoo - For starters, this smells amazing to me. It also did wonders on my hair! I'm so excited to be getting back into Herbal Essences! I just could tell how more vibrant my hair was.

Skincare/Healthcare:


Trader Joe's Ultra Hydrating Gel Moisturizer - Yall this is incredible stuff! My skin has decided to show it's booty and still be dry in spring. Probably because I'm pregnant. But hey this really helps my T zone. I'm hoping to have a new skincare regime soon!

Clothing:


Wrap Maternity And Nursing Sleep Bra - I have sexy nursing bras, I have regular nursing bras. But this is my favorite bra. It has no clasps. I really think it will be my go-to bra when I am actually nursing. I can sleep so comfortably in this bra. Trust me, boobs getting bigger was an adjustment.

Lifestyle:


HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0013nr - That's right! Ya girl got a new laptop! My other one is going out already. I decided that it was for the best to go ahead and bite the bullet to get that out of the way. I did it! I seriously just upgraded! I love it! Initially, I freaked out because I didn't understand the hard drives on this one as good as I should have. But, a true friend figured it out.

Book:


Reading the Signs by Keira Andrews - If yall read my OWLs blog you should have known this was coming. This book had it all. And somehow knowing that it was Keira Andrews writing this masterpiece doesn't surprise me at all. She is one of my favorite authors! It has it all like I stated before:
Rating 10/5 - This book... It had everything. Wow. It was incredible. It is M/M romance with baseball! It is an M/M romance with an age gap. It is M/M romance with spanking! It is M/M romance with light BDSM. It is an M/M with feelings and emotions. It is going to be a top book of 2019. Kiera Andrews, you know how to write a book!

Movie/Music:


The Dirt - This has almost become an obsession. Seriously! My best friends and I have been reading old articles and watching old interviews after watching this movie about Motley Crue. I'm sorry I know that there are naysayers, but I'm not one of them. I think they did an amazing job finding people for these roles. My only complaint was the audiences in the concerts didn't fit the time period. And there were a few things out of place, but man. I still cannot get over the makeup, design and over feel of the movie. I laughed until I cried the first time. And, yes I've watched it more than once!

Food:


Philadelphia Bagel Chips & Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese Dip - This makes my little savory loving heart soar! I loved this as a snack at work one day. It was perfect around 2:30-3 when I'm starting to get hungry again. (I have lunch at 11!) The taste is just amazing and the bagel chips aren't soggy at all.

New Obsession:


Contentment Journal by Rachel Cruze - Yall I was gifted this during the whole gas leak in the neighborhood. I was lucky enough to get to do this with my best friends. It was really wild, in the April section of my prayer journal I asked God to help me with contentment... Yep, he provided yall!.

Tried and True and Returning: 



Tieks - My achy pregnant feet have fallen back in love with Tieks. I have bought even more pairs. I adore these shoes, because of how easy they are on my feet.  And the teal sole is almost as recognizable as Christian Louboutin. They are even easy to pack.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



Disney:


My last Disney race before I add two more to our household! Yep, I ran the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend. Yes, I was 17 weeks pregnant and still managed to do the challenge of running 22.4 miles. I did. I did it slowly, but I did it! So, I have gotten this question a lot. "Will I still run through pregnancy?" Oh yeah, I am running Disney's virtual races this summer!


Faith:


Chris Hodges - Pastor Hodges is the pastor I have waited for all of my life. I do not think Pastor Hodges is God. Trust me. He admits that he still sins! Yall do you know how amazing that is for me? To go to a church where the pastor tells you that he was having a dark time last year? Not that he was going through a dark time, but that he is honest about it. That he is honest. He really cares about the people of his megachurch. I love it when he talks about different people from different campuses. I cannot wait to read some of his books!

Pregnancy:


Olly Prenatal Vitamins  - Olly vitamins rock! I can fully attest to that now! They are super yummy! My midwife was happy with my choice! They have a great flavor that didn't make me want to throw up! I loved the texture too! And a lot of people are freaking out about the iron. My midwife explained it to me that you cannot put iron in a gummy form without it affecting your teeth. So I am taking iron that comes in a tiny pill form. No worries!

Mommy:


Melissa & Doug Disney Mickey Mouse My Magnetic Daily Calendar - The Harry Potter twins as we are now calling, Queenie and Freddie, are loving this little Magnetic Calendar. I love this age. They turn two this month! They are adorable and love doing this. It is what we call Mickey Time in the mornings! We get all excited when it is someone's birthday!

That's it for April folks! What were some of your favorites in April?

2 comments

  1. I totally missed somehow that you were having twins! Congratulations dear, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very excited and feeling nervous!

      Delete