Thankful Thursday 2019 - Week 1

Welcome back to Thankful Thursdays! Here is to another fantastic year! This tradition is one that I hold dear. And, while yes, my tree is up, I still realize how much I have to be thankful for in my life. This is week one! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog from a few years ago. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?



“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” - Shauna Niequist




Once you finish with my blog be sure to check out A Pop of Jess post that she has written! I love that we do this together every year! It's been something that I will cherish forever!
  1. Let's start this year off with something I talk about a lot, but I have to mention it. While this may seem silly to others, I am extremely grateful for Disney. I know Disney as a whole company doesn't have the greatest track record right now. However, I cannot imagine life without having Disney. From the movies, the music, the merchandise, the races, and the parks. Disney shapes my life and my family's lives. It brought me and my husband together to date after not seeing each other for several years before we got married. And it's where I met my husband for the first time as kids. Disney World will always be a special place for me. No matter what happens.
  2. My precious little two-month-old twins. My sweet Noah and Adaline rocked my world when they decided they were ready to get on the Hogwarts train on September 1st. I love taking care of everything for them. Even the messier parts of their lives with them are fun. They are growing and showing that they may have been 4 weeks early but they are loving life. They are truly thriving and flourishing. And I'm right there along with them. I am so thankful for this journey.
  3. While I do love my children, not being able to run for six weeks when I had another race challenge in November was difficult. But I am thrilled to be back at it now. Renning is another form of meditation for me. It helps me think and it helps me feel better as well. I am so thankful to be back to running!
  4. Reading and other self-care are other things I am thankful for this week. I've accomplished reading 92 books this year and with another reading challenge taking place this coming week that number will rise. I've also started exercising beside running this past week and I have felt better about myself. I do enjoy taking better care of myself lately. I am keeping a self-care and gratitude journal this month and I can tell that it has helped tremendously.
  5. Everyone needs friends. I have a best bestie and then I have two other regular best friends. These women shaped my life. I do not know where I would be without them. They are my tribe. I love my best bestie, A Pop of Jess, or Jessica. I also have Brittany and Ridge. Brittany can also be referred to as BP sometimes. Jessica really shapes my life. She is in my life every single day. Saying daily doesn't stress to you how much I love this woman. BP I work with and would be crazy without! And Ridge well she's just scary and amazing at the same time! I am so thankful for these women who I get to call friends!
  6. Next on the list is really random. I am so grateful to have Advil back in my life! I used to be an Advil Junkie. I am slowly getting back to my routine of Advil. But for 9 long months, no Advil for pain and it was horrible! I mean it when I say I am grateful for Advil. It was something I wasn't expecting to feel so horrible without. Tylenol doesn't touch what Advil does! This is not an ad. This is my not pregnant and enjoying the life of Advil!
  7. And lastly for this week is I'm back to blogging. I have felt really horrible for not blogging and I'm working on that. I want to improve what I post and when I post it in the future. For now, I'm just glad I have a blog that I can come back to time after time. It feels good to be writing again! 
Another week in the books! I'm excited to be back and looking forward to next Thursday!

No comments