Noah and Adaline: Birth of My Biological Babies

If you come to my blog often then you know that I have lots of kids. I take in kids all the time that need help and guidance. Some I officially have adopted and some I haven't. The thing that remains is I have been a mother. Though, birthing my own children has changed my perspective.


“A child born to another woman calls me mommy. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege is not lost on me.”
“You may hate being pregnant, but the minute the baby is born, she is God’s precious child, given to you as a gift.” – Sandra Dallas

The quotes above are my take on motherhood. These quotes are posted beside my bed and in my office at home. Up until my twins, Adaline and Noah,  the first quote was all I had in these locations because that's all I knew about being a mom. But all of that changed...

Oh, that wonderful August 31st in Nashville where I was attended to by a midwife and my friend that has had so many children I trusted her to be my doula. My twins were healthy after some scary scans but the latest scans showed that everything was fine. I was in a lot of pain and dilating like nobody's business. I was watching football and was decently happy. College football had returned and my babies were looking healthy! We had made it to 38 weeks almost to 39!

Alabama's game had ended and I was enjoying the Auburn game when I felt like it was time. However, the love of my life didn't think so. I told him we needed to get that I felt like it was time to go to the birthing center... I go get in the car and wait. And then I waited some more. Finally, I go back into the house to see his luggage beside him and he is piled up on the bed watching football. I realize that my feeling has passed some so I curl up beside him with my best friend on the phone and manage to go to sleep.

I woke up with it being just after midnight and I just felt full. I felt like waddling was my only option. I go to get my friend and she called the midwife thankfully. Because my water breaks on the way to the car. So by this point, it's my best friend on the phone, my friend that is basically my doula, my husband, and one of his best friends.

We made it just fine to the birthing center. I was grateful for the support of my crew that I had. I was constantly being massaged just about anywhere. And we piled into the birthing center and we went straight into a room. I was walking "waddling" just fine. Vin wanted to get the bags out of the car. So I went in with just my friends and me. I changed clothes and was welcome to stand and hold onto a ladder for when the contraction started. All three of them, Jessica, Steve and Ridge helped me tremendously.

And then I was told to push, and it was so bizarre because my body did the pushing like it was on autopilot. I didn't really have to think about it. And within 20 minutes of my water breaking my daughter, Jessica Adaline was born at 1:06 A.M. She came out incredibly small and I can remember commenting on that. She latched right away. At 21 inches long and 3.15oz she felt like a feather almost. Her brother didn't take long after her. At 1:26 A.M. twenty minutes exactly after his sister. Noah arrived weighing  4.12oz and just as long as her. I fell in love with Dylan Noah instantly.

They were both latched on as my midwife gave me a congratulation speech on the fact that I barely needed one stitch which was just fine for me since we all know how I feel about needles. However, my babies needed to go to the children's hospital because they really had jaundice and weight was an issue since they were so far along and so tiny. I didn't go with them right away, but Vin with them in the transportation provided. My body was still in birthing mode and I was exhausted. Our friends surrounded us with love that was amazing.



My babies spent a week and a half in the NICU. They are thriving like no one's business. They are still skinny and do not have chub. Most of the time when I think of babies I think of Michelin Man looking, babies. However, my babies look like 80-year-old little creatures with their saggy skin. But I love it! I really do. I like to think they will mature based on their looks.

I will probably post some of the bags we took and what was in the plus some great gift-giving ideas for moms-to-be! I love my sweet little munchkins so much!

No comments