Thankful Thursday 2019 - Week 3

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week two! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog post. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?



"Be present in all things and thankful in all things." - Maya Angelou





1. The craziness of the holiday seasons is here but also yummy germs have started spreading as well. That's why I'm grateful that Olly Vitamins have come out with immunity vitamins with Elderberry! I love the Olly brand because this brand has a great taste no matter which vitamin it is and has great ingredients!

2. Since I was little I was taught not to waste food. And sometimes, eating what is in front of me does me more harm than good is what I'm learning. Instead of just going ahead and finishing something off, I'm learning that I need to listen to my body about being full. I know I need to make better meal selections as well and not get so much food put in front of me too. Sometimes, it cannot be helped. But I'm grateful that I'm learning to listen to my body!

3. Honestly, one of the things I'm most grateful for this week is that Ms. Henny, Vin's step in grandmother, taught me how to make her famous ham and cheese grilled cheese! This sandwich stays nice and crispy on the outside, but is divine velvety on the inside! I was so excited for her to teach me how to make this with the weather getting colder and colder!

4. I love watching all the Christmas decorations come up! I know some people scoff at putting up decorations early. I cannot imagine not wanting to have the decorations up as long as possible. The more time I can spend listening to Christmas music, see sparkling lights, and remembering why I'm celebrating the more joy fills my heart! I'm grateful for the holidays coming up!

5. This one is probably silly to most. My husband and I have a weird relationship. We really are always mushy. We tend to be more direct and sarcastic with each other than loving. But it's what has always worked for us. Here recently he has been doing something that is so small, but it means the world to me. He has been making the bed. I know that's weird to be thankful for in this day and age. But it makes me feel loved and taken care of on a deep level for me. I've been listening to my coworkers in the past that have talked about how they don't make their bed up. I'm sometimes guilty of it when I lived alone. But this just makes my day when I go back to our bedroom and he has made the bed!

6. Well, I can honestly say that I'm grateful when huge tasks are marked off my to-do list. Our neighborhood is expanding. We have so much going into this neighborhood and with each big task it gets closer and closer to being opened! I'm so excited and grateful for the community we are building!

7. I'm grateful for my friend and family that keep me focused and healthy. I've been struggling a lot, but my husband and my best friend make me the best me that there is right now. I love them both so much. They have absolutely no idea how much they mean to me!

Don't forget to pop over to A Pop of Jess! I will see you here soon!

No comments