Top 7 Books of 2017

Oh how I love to read! I will totally admit that I had fun last year reading! I would spend days wasting away in a book. Last year I won a Kindle Fire HD 8 from my work place and the rest was history when I signed up for Bookbub. So out of my 85 books exactly for the year I have picked out 7 that stand above the rest. There will be two honorable mentions that didn't make the picture at the end.



Choosing this list was not an easy task for me. Having ready over 26,000 pages it was difficult to simplify this list. But I did it.

A Simplified Life by Emily Ley - Why is this book #1 when it was just released in November? Same reason it #1 on a lot of other lists! It's a book that has tools to truly simplify your life. Not hugging your clothes, and telling your wallet that it did it's job well for the day. It's practical! Emily Ley has truly become a role model for me. She sparked something in me when I started her other book at the beginning of 2017, and now she is completing me with simplifying more than just my planner but my life too! It works! It's simple! But it works!

The Secret Wife by Gill Paul - This book. This book... This book made me doubt fact. This book made me doubt history. This book made me crazy. I LOVE THIS BOOK! The only reason it didn't make it as number one on my list is because it doesn't simply my life. It actually made me crazy. I couldn't even describe it to my best friend without giving spoilers. I will say this, as a child I love the Fox movie Anastasia and did a report on her in college. This book opened up questions and craziness of the same royal family. I highly recommend it!

Depth of Field (Last Chance #1) by Riley Hart - Thanks to my best friend, A Pop of Jess, (look her up!) I fell in love with the author Riley Hart this year. I have pretty much read most of her books at this point, and if I haven't read them they are on my to-read list. While Jess loves Crossroads by Riley Hart. Depth of Field stole my heart as Riley's best book. I think it's the compassion in this book that sends me reeling. Riley's characters are some of the most diverse I have ever read. I love how she can send some twists into her stories. This book is amazing for the tenderness, compassion, sexiness, and the love.

In Case of Emergency by Keira Andrews  - Even though this is one of the last books I read for the year it opened up a whole new author to me. But the reason this book made this list, is because it's almost everything I've ever wanted in a romance novel. The taking care of the other person to extreme's beyond everyday. It's so touching and it takes place at Christmas of course it has to come at number #4!

The Funeral Dress by Susan Gregg Gilmore - Oh the second book I read last year comes at #5 because I can still vividly remember this book and it's details. I wanted more reading this book, but there wasn't. It was so true to the craziness of the real world, and how cruel it can be, and how we can "win" against it. I felt like this book deserves to be a movie. I normally don't say that but with this book, it needs a movie. It's gut wrenching and yet lovely at the same time.

Wives of War by Soraya M. Lane - At #6 I almost didn't read this book even though it was on my Popsugar list. But I powered through thinking it wasn't going to be any good. Wow was I wrong. It caught my attention easily. I was so caught up in reading that I literally missed a meal. I had to know what happened. I was shocked, I laughed, I cringed, and I just fell in love with the women in this book. Their friendship was amazing through this book. I felt a tug at friendship in this book and made me aware of a deeper level of friendship!

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco, James Patterson - This is #7 on my list. It was a book many have raved about and I was skeptical. I usually don't fall into young adult reading trends anymore. It's just not my thing anymore. And this book took some build to it. Also if you have a weak stomach... Don't start this book during your lunch break at work. (Like I did.) It has it's gruesome parts. It was fun to try to figure the book out. It was wild with different theories and female character that was different but not so different I rolled my eyes and closed the book.


And last but not least are my two honorable mentions:

Grace, Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy by Emily Ley - Yes another book by Emily Ley. This was her first book, and my first book of 2017! I actually wrote on my Goodreads review that if this book didn't make my top 10 I would be shocked. Guess what I only had a top 7 and her other book made it so this book had to make the honorable mentions list. It really did start my journey to discovering who I really wanted to be.

A Fortunate Blizzard by L.C. Chase - I really wanted this to be in my top 7. But the other two M/M romance novels beat it because they had such a strong impact on me. But this book moved me too. It moved a little fast, but when you are up against a blizzard you have to move fast! It did change how I viewed things and really helped me a few months later in real life.

Stayed tuned because next Friday I have the entire list of the Popsugar Reading Challenge for 2017 that I completed!

No comments