December 2017 Favorites

Happy New Year Everyone! I am so excited for this year. There are so many things that I am looking forward to this year!


That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown - Linus

This December started out fantastically! I was in Disney World for the beginning of the month. The rest of the month was festive fun. There were some not so great things. For instance, my office at work literally flooded. The sink in the kitchen that I shared a wall with. the pipes backed up and then pipe busted and the water decided to come out of the wall into the office. I have spent the rest of the month in a different office that I hate. And the week before Christmas and on I caught the awful sinus bug!

Beauty:


Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Foundation - I had grown tired of Revlon's foundation that I have used for a very long time. Plus, I think they slightly changed my color because I was becoming quite orange. So I was in Ulta before our big trip to Disney, and this foundation just spoke to me. I tried a few others in store, but fell in love with the coverage of this one. I have been using it for a month now and I have to say it's absolutely perfect.

Skincare:


Philosophy Apple Cider Shampoo/Shower Gel  - Seriously as a child I didn't care for Philosophy because that was for old people. Apparently I have become old in my childlike eyes. My boyfriend gave this to me for anniversary as we are still in the monthly anniversaries. And I love it. It just makes me feel cozy, clean and loved. I am weird and I like the for the fragrances to last all day. This does not do that. So if you are looking for a shower gel that doesn't have lasting fragrance, this is it!

Lifestyle:


Halls Cough Drops - Why don't I have a flavored added? Because I love them and I have literally had every single flavor this month. I have spent hundreds on cough drops this month. These have saved me so that I have been able to keep working while having this awful bug!

Book:

In Case of an Emergency - For years now I have had two books that have stayed at the top of my favorites books. Both being young adult genre, but this is my first adult book to make the list. I have read the book twice already. I just swoon. It's honestly is a slightly weird book, because it doesn't really have what you call a real conflict. But it's so amazing!

Music/Movie:


The Mistletoe Inn - Hallmark had epic new movies this year. I loved this one! It's like someone said on Instagram. Are Hallmark movies the same? Yes. Am I still going to cry and cheer on for the girl to go after the guy, knowing that they are going to kiss at the end? YES I AM! I will do every night of November and December!

Clothing: 


 Women's Colorblock Tech Fleece Crew Pullover - C9 Champion - Bust out the winter workout clothes. I did treat myself to this. And I love it so much. It's perfect for all of the activities I do in them. It did get a little worn out but it happens.

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 


up & up makeup removing wipes - I do not think I will ever stop using these. I would be completely crushed if they ever stopped making these like Olay did their Fresh Effect ones. So I came back to these with open arms!

New Obsession:


Mucinex Instant Nose spray - Nostrilla has officially went out of business. So I had to be able to breathe while I've had the sinus crude. So I had to test out nose sprays. This wins hands down, and has took the place of Nostrilla on my medicine cabinet shelf, my purse, and my bedside table. It has a Vick's Vapor smell to begin with but goes away with time! It's amazing.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:


This actually inspired Chris and me to do something very similar! I just think it's so festive and fun!

Disney: 

There is something to be said about seeing Disney World at Christmas. While it might be 80 degrees while you are there visiting there are trees decorated everywhere and Christmas music every single place you turn around. I mean it when I say I shall return home for the holidays each year. Disney is for sure another home!

Mommy Favorite:

Woodland Wonders Dress - My luna bug loves this dress. She loves Matilda Jane clothing anyhow, but this dress gives her some kind of freedom. She has asked to wear it a lot so I know the soft, but colorful fabric is greatly appreciated and not just by me.

I'm so excited about this new year!!! I hope it's off to a good start for you!

No comments