2019 O.W.L.s Results

Hello Everybody! Welcome back to my blog! I have exciting mail in my hands! I have finished my O.W.L.s Exams. I took my exams on time this year! Here we go!



We are pleased to inform you that your O.W.L. results are in and are as followed:

First off, this challenge was started by the Youtuber, Book Roast. She created the O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s by reading certain books! Her video started all of this; also in this video is the information and your letter from Hogwarts. This video will also explain the challenge.

Also, what does O.W.L.s mean? Ordinary Wizarding Level. And for those of you who do not know what that means, it's a test taken in your fifth year at Hogwarts. It helps you figure out what to study in your last two years at Hogwarts.

So I found books for all the subjects. And below I have listed them with the subject and the requirements for each subject plus whether or not I completed said subject! And I will also include the rating of the book.

Pass Grades Fail Grades

Outstanding (O) passed at least 9 O.W.L.s

Exceeded Expectations (E) passed at least 6 O.W.L.s

Acceptable (A) passed at least 2 O.W.Ls

Poor (P) passed 1 O.W.L

Dreadful (D) started but did not pass any O.W.L.s

Troll (T) did not show up at the exam


I GOT AT LEAST NINE O.W.L.s!! I PASSED! I AM ON THE WAY TO N.E.W.T.s!

Ancient Runes

Retelling

Sinders and Ash -Tara Lain

Rating 4/5 - This book was really good. There was one scene that was all the feels for me. I love it when one character actually has to save another character. This was a perfect retelling of Cinderella. Sometimes, it was a little too much Cinderella which is why I didn't give it 5 stars.

Grade - O

Arithmancy

Work written by more than one author

Working It - Riley Hart & Devon McCormack

Rating 3/5 - This wasn't my favorite Riley Hart book. It just seemed sort of blah. There was really no emotional connection. I've started loving emotional connections with these types of books. This book just wasn't it for me.

Grade - O

Astronomy

"Star" in the Title

Star Girl - Jerry Spinelli

Rating 5/5 - This book was HIGHLY recommended to me by my best friend A Pop of Jess. It reminds her of her little girl. We both agree it's her daughter now. It is such a different kind of story. I really recommend it for those people who are now adults and grown up.

Grade - O

Care of Magical Creatures

Land Animal on the Cover

Witch Chocolate Fudge - H.Y. Hanna

Rating 4/5 - I was excited to learn more about the main character in this book! Do not get me wrong I love the tea series from H.Y. Hanna, but this witch series is incredible. I love how she takes witches and chocolate and she mixes the two things together!

Grade - O

Charms

Age-Line: Read an Adult Work

Unashamed: A Coming-Out Guide for LGBTQ Christians - Amber Cantorna

Rating 4/5 - This book I read really to support my friends that are gay and are Christians. This book had a lot of helpful information to help you understand others' point of view. I wish she would come out with a book just for friends and family of LGBTQ+.

Grade - O

Defence Against the Dark Arts

Reducto: title starts with an "R"

Reading the Signs - Kiera Andrews

Rating 10/5 - This book... It had everything. Wow. It was incredible. It is M/M romance with baseball! It is an M/M romance with an age gap. It is M/M romance with spanking! It is M/M romance with light BDSM. It is an M/M with feelings and emotions. It is going to be a top book of 2019. Kiera Andrews, you know how to write a book!

Grade - O

Divination

Set In the Future

The Selection - Kiera Cass

Rating - N/A

Grade - T

Herbology

Plant on the Cover

Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen

Rating - N/A

Grade - T

History of Magic

Published at least 10 years ago

A Bone to Pick - Charlaine Harris

Rating 4/5 -  This book was not as good as the first one. It was actually shocked at how long it took for us to get to the bone quite honestly. It was a really good book that had me laughing and trying to figure out who the culprit was and was Roe going to get in trouble or not. It was very good!

Grade - O

Muggle Studies

Contemporary

Shades of Gray - Brooke McKinley

Rating 5/5 - This is another book that will probably make it to my 2019 favorites list. It has a story that is not told by many. I felt it might have been a little too drawn out, but looking back that's what made this story feel so real. It had major feelings and story that was very compelling.

Grade - O

Potions

Next ingredient: sequel

Addy's Surprise: A Christmas Surprise

Rating - 4/5 - My mother read this book to me as a child. So, I decided to pull them out and read them to my girls. I ended up reading this with my niece before that. I love all of the American Girl books. It's so much fun for girls to learn about girls living in the past!

Grade - O

Transfiguration

Sprayed edges or red cover

Talk About Happy Endings - Kol Anderson

Rating 2/5 - This book was just not my cup of tea. I gave it two stars because the intent was great but there were way too many stories going on at once. Some of those stories didn't even connect to each other which drives me crazy. There were FIVE different stories going on between FIVE different couples. I couldn't keep up. It was too much.

Grade - O

I have had a blast reading this year for O.W.L.s. and I'm looking forward to N.E.W.T.s this year! I will let you know when that takes place!

2 comments

  1. Okay this is hilarious and amazing! I love it. Although I'm really sad you gave The Selection a T because I'm obsessed with that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I gave it "T" because I didn't even start it! I'm probably going to read it in the next few months. I love doing the O.W.L.s challenge!

      Delete