O.W.L.s 2018 Readathon TBR List

Hello everyone! While I'm not doing Popsugar Reading Challenge 2018. I am in fact now thinking of finishing up the year of reading by doing some readathons!



What does O.W.L.s mean? How you do this challenge? Where did this challenge come from?

First off, this challenge was started by the Youtuber, Book Roast. She created the O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s by reading certain books! Her video started all of this; also in this video is the information and your letter from Hogwarts. This video will also explain the challenge.

Lastly, what does O.W.L.s mean? Ordinary Wizarding Level. And for those of you who do not know what that means, it's a test taken in your fifth year at Hogwarts. It helps you figure out what to study in your last two years at Hogwarts.

So I found books for all the subjects. But I narrowed it down to six subjects because the books you finish are you what you will read for your N.E.W.T.s but that's for a different post.

Muggle Studies

Craft a Life You Love - Amy Tangerine
Read a muggle nonfiction book.

Transfiguration

Two Down, Bun to Go - H.Y. Hanna
Read a book that deals with transfiguration/shapeshifting or similar theme OR a book with a cat on the cover

Charms

A Wrinkle In Time - Madeleine L'Engle
Read a fantasy book.

History of Magic 

War & Love - Melissa De La Cruz
Read a historical fiction book.

Defense Against the Dark Arts

A Secret History of Witches - Louisa Morgan
A book about/featuring secret societies/clubs

Arithmancy

Read a book with a number on the cover or in the title

Potions

Read a book about/with alchemy


That's the books for the month of August! I'm excited about these books! And I'll do a wrap up at the end of the month letting you know how I did for my O.W.L.s! And I realize I'm not doing it with everyone else. How many times did Harry Potter go against whatever else was doing, and just did what he wanted to with his closest friends? A lot. For me it a lot more fun to do this when others are not. I hope you enjoy whenever you are doing your O.W.Ls. Happy Reading!

No comments