What I'm Loving and Learning

Hey everyone! It's Friday! It's been a rough week. Really it has been a rough two weeks. So many things changed so quickly. I was recently introduced to the ice breaker "One thing you are loving and one thing you are learning. I really have enjoyed asking my kids this, but now it's my turn.


Loving and learning are huge parts for our society right now.


This season is hard on all of us. I am still having to work since our state hasn't declared a lockdown yet. I cannot work from home doing what I do with the furniture company. It would be nice to spend consecutive days with my kids and my husband. Almost our entire neighborhood is at home and I'm the only one leaving in the mornings. So, I needed to sit down and think about this...

What I'm Learning...

  • It's just a job. Mental health, physical health, and family are more important. If you are giving it what you can and they aren't appreciative of it? They can move along.
  • Repentance -- Thanks to Lent I'm learning about repentance. While it is a deeper subject than I'm normally used to learning about it is making me closer to God. And right now that's where I want to be. To be with the one that knows when this will be over. That knows what is on the other side of this.
  • Being Bolder. Yep, I'm learning to be bolder. Especially bold when it comes to things that I know are just not right. Things that I see and should help out with. And even bold when asking for help lately.
  • That I am actually pretty big on respect for the elderly. I have little patience when it comes to older people and technology. Okay fine, I have none to very, very little patience with it. But, with the exception of my mother, I never get impatient with them to their face. So, recently I saw someone disrespect their boss and someone who was older than them. It took everything in me not to lose my mind. I was breathing fire and I realized that I do believe in showing respect no matter what!
  • Fear causes panic and distrust. Try going to the grocery store today and coughing. People will glare and swarm to get away from you. It's because the media has hyped this so much.

What I'm Loving...

  • Annie F. Downs - I am very sorry she is in quarantine and she is an extrovert. However, I HAVE LOVED HER DURING THIS! Her on Instagram and her podcast? Honesty! It's what you get from her! She is even reading to the kids at night!
  •  I also want to mention two of her books since she is talking about everyone else's books; Remember God and 100 Days to Brave!
  • Prayer - I do not know where I would be without prayer right now. Just quick prayers, blessings prayers, fervent prayers, healing prayers, anxious prayers, etc. I need them right now. I need communication with God.
  • Kindness - With this crazy week seeing kindness is amazing. Seeing it first hand is incredible. Doing it? Is exhilarating. I just want to help everyone through this.
  • Olly Vitamins - I know I have discussed this brand before but truly. These vitamins are amazing though. I haven't had one that hasn't lived up to its promise.
  • Different at-home activities - We homeschool our kids anyways but seeing all the new content for parents that don't homeschool has been great. I love being shut up in the house. They've canceled everything why would you want to leave the house besides groceries?

What are you loving and learning in this season?


No comments