My Bible Verse Memorization

Some people recommend it. Some say it's not worth it. But for me I have always been told that it should be important. And now Bible Memorization is more important to me than it has ever been. I guess because of how I read the Bible differently than the people who say it's not important.



A few years ago, a family member of mine, participated in Beth Moore's Bible Siesta Scripture Memory Team. You learn two verses a month and then you go to the convention and you have random people challenge you to remember the verses you learned over the year. I loved the idea but didn't have the drive to do something like that. I have wanted to do something like that ever since.

Maybe in the future I'll go to a convention like that, but for now I'm okay with just using the plan. Rereading what Beth has helped me see that I need to really commit to doing this. Now this year hasn't worked out for me like it should so I am hoping that 2016 will be better for me.

My spiral is slightly different. I bought mine at the Dollar Tree during the back-to-school season. It has a key ring instead of a spiral. I like this more. I use washi tape at the bottom of my verses to help me memorize them even more.



I like what Beth Moore has to say against the people that say they can't memorize anything:
First, that may change. Give the Holy Spirit a chance to do something brand new with you. Second, even if you don’t get your verses down word for word, you are still meditating on them as you read and reread them. You still, thereby, accomplish one of the most important goals: captivating the mind to Christ. You just can’t lose on this one. Either way, it has a powerful effect.
So many people don't understand that equipping yourself with verses helps you against the evil one. The one that wants to steal your happiness and make you feel like you cannot overcome anything.

Here are a few verses that I am learning. No I am not putting written verse. I want you to go look it up!

Proverbs 19:21

Joshua 1:8

James 1:19

What are some of the verses you are learning? Or even better are wanting to learn? How do you memorize verses? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments