Father's Day Uncommon Gift Guide

My dad is a very simple man. He isn't geeky. He doesn't play golf. And as far as his drinking goes, that's simple too. So finding him something he doesn't already have, and will like or use is exhausting for gift giving holidays. Though I think I have finally found the solution. 



The company that has solved my problems with selecting a gift for my dad is Uncommon Goods. They have so many different ways to help find the perfect gift, for anyone really.

Up until a few weeks ago I had only heard of Uncommon Goods in magazines and in blogs for unique gifts. When I went looking for him a gift at great gifts for men at UncommonGoods here. I found plenty of options.

First off the shipping and packaging is incredible! I have never had such a well packaged shipment before, from anywhere! It was a huge box with packing paper inside with more individual boxes.





Everything was very well wrapped up to protect things from breaking. My only concern was how heavy the main box was when everything was inside it! It was extremely heavy! But just goes to prove how well made everything is!




One of the first things to catch my eye was the Pistachio Pedestal. My dad sometimes eats pistachios but he really eats peanuts. And he uses a Tupperware bowl from 1970s that is mustard yellow, and he cannot decipher the shells from the peanuts sometimes. I thought this would be the perfect gift for him!









Next up that was a must have for my foodie dad was this hot sauce set. My dad loves to mess around making his own BBQ sauce and trying out different spices, and products to make it. We both enjoy wings like nobody else. So, I thought a sample of hot sauces was a great idea. I thought they were going to be like shampoo sample size. These are almost full size products, if they aren't! I was highly amazed at that! Plus, it came with this great tea towel that can also be used as a poster!




This one was a no brainer when I saw it. My dad is very sentimental. He keeps all of his birthday cards in a box. As adult I now know why. Sometimes, it's hard for me to articulate why I love him and what all he has done for me in my life. Which is why the What I Love About Dad Book is absolutely perfect. There are some of the prompts that I have no idea what to write, but it helps me to dig into my memories and cherish the time I still have with him. Be sure to check out some more great Father's Day gifts as well.




The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. My dad would eat chili and a grilled cheese every day in his life if we would let him. This set of Soup And Sandwich Ceramic Tray Duo is one of the things I believe my dad would love for his TV watching. He usually just puts a cereal bowl on a normal plate and watches TV. This gives him more area for food.

Uncommon Goods really helped me find a great selection for my dad this year. I was very pleased with what I was able to get him that he didn't already have. I also found some great things on the Uncommon Goods Graduation gifts ideas list. Plus, I loved learning more about Uncommon Goods.

Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, UncommonGoods is a privately-owned retailer that endeavors to feature unique jewelry, designer dĂ©cor, tabletop items, and handcrafted gifts created in harmony with the environment without harm to animals or people. We run all our operations out of the historic Brooklyn Army Terminal, where the lowest-paid seasonal worker starts at 50% above the minimum wage. We make it our mission to support and provide a platform for artists and designers; in fact, half of what we sell is made by hand. Most of the jewelry products, home dĂ©cor and table top items we carry are created right here in the USA, and about one-third of our entire collection incorporates recycled and/or upcycled materials. At the core of our company is a great respect for the integrity of the creative individual and the belief that it is our responsibility to use our business to impact the world in a positive way. - Uncommon Goods: Our Story

They also have a blog that is called Uncommon Knowledge. Which has reference to all odd  Is your DNA unique? Did Washington chop down a cherry tree? Find the answers plus dozens of other surprising stories and curious facts. They support in nonprofit is really what amazed me the most though. Reach Out & Read is one of the nonprofits. Doctors and nurses promote early literacy, language skills, and school readiness to young children and their families in all 50 states. Another of the nonprofits is one that is close to my heart, RAINN. RAINN, is the 

I will be returning to Uncommon Goods in the future for all kinds of gifts. They have such a wide selection of things. I do hope whatever you choose for the man in your life is something unique and special just for him! 

No comments