September 2017 Favorites

Hello October! Or HAPPY HALLOWEEN MONTH! Also it's Happy Birthday Month to me! October is a very busy month for our family! And I love it that way! I look forward to September because that's when everything starts! Football, birthday, Halloween and so on.



We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer's wreckage. We will welcome summer's ghost. - Henry Rollins



September is without a doubt my fourth favorite month of the year! Yep! My month started out at Disneyland! They had their Half Marathon weekend. We did manage to go to Universal Studios Hollywood on September 1st! It was incredible! Vin and the babies were very happy! AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL started! For the record Alabama beat Florida State. Just sayin. Homeschooling and work took over after that. And major reading went on. I also enjoyed a few Alabama home games! And then.... Disneyland Paris Half Marathon weekend/week. I love spending time in Paris. London still holds my heart, but Paris. It's amazing. And thus we returned home for the end of the month.

Beauty:

HOURGLASS Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Not even gonna lie. I had my doubts. But if it can withstand me running 13 miles in over 90 degree weather it's a keeper for running. I did buy the primer as well. And wow. I had people that even commented on my makeup after the race. This is so staying in my travel bag. It's beautiful and perfect!

Skincare:


ELIZABETH ARDEN Online Only Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant - Where was this stuff when I started running? This is the perfect after race treat. Wow it feels amazing on my legs. It really helps your legs feel better after and during running. I do not feel as exhausted after a race.

Food:

The Runner's Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake - I actually have these made up in the fridge so postrace I am ready to put the protein back into my. This has been like my super food milkshake for a while now. I just really love it for post race.

Lifestyle:

In-Flight Case Anya Hindmarch - I used to have one of these in black, and I'm thinking a cousin totally stole it. So I got me another one. I love it for overnight flights. I always have and that's why I totally paid for another one. Because I love it that much.

Book:

Lost and Found by Elle Casey - If there could be a humorous 50 Shades of Grey with no BDSM, this is it! I loved this book so much because of the hilarity. The main character lies a lot and is terrible at lying though and it's crazy the weird schemes she gets herself into all because of a ring.

Music/Movie:

Charlie Puth - a new friend has introduced this artist to me and instantly fell in love! It's so soothing and such a different melody in the background of his music. She is really obsessed and she got me hooked on his music.

Clothing: 

Speed Sock - I have loved these socks for running. They stay in place and really help with friction. They are great for running in the rain. I do recommend making sure that your toenails are groomed which you should anyhow for running. Otherwise there is more likely the possibility of wearing a hole in them.

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 

My running playlist from 2014; DISNEY DAY 6: RUNDISNEY PRINCESS HALF MARATHON AND DOWNTOWN DISNEY. I actually have a friend that I can thank for this. He has started showing up in my life again. I have really missed running with him. He was the reason I took my first run of revenge.


New Obsession:


Jo Malone Orange Blossom Bath Oil - A friend recommend I use this... Ok, let's start with the scent because O. M. G. and I do not use that phrase lightly. It is amazing! I do not use this for soap I am using it for the scent on my skin. 

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



I adore Brittany from Bits of Paradis. I love watching her daughter grow. And there is nothing like the love that her and Joe share. Plus, she loves seasonal living like I do.

Disney: 

I loved running in Paris, France again. It was really improved from last year. I loved exploring another country with my daughters and Vincent. The excitement of learning to cook like the French, and touring their beautiful city was something that I will truly cherish a lifetime. I do plan on doing it again. I promise if you like to run and want to explore France, that's a really fun and exciting way.

Mommy Favorite:

Disney Baby, Mickey Mouse Activity Toy

Disney Baby Activity Toy, Winnie the Pooh

Both of these toys are the twins favorites at the moment. They love chewing, pulling, shaking, throwing. It really keeps them entertained for a long time. It's great for travel. We have clipped them to everything.

No comments