18 Before 2018

It's that time of year, when the year starts to dwindle. You can either look back and go 'what the heck?' or you can simply choose to look forward at what is left. When you look at ahead at what is left of the rest of the year you can you decide what you want to do with whatever time you have left. Like last year I have decided on doing some things before goals and resolutions take over at the beginning of the year.



“Dear world, I am excited to be alive in you, and I am thankful for another year.” ― Charlotte Eriksson




  1. Finish Popsugar Reading Challenge -

    I am down to less than 10 books, less than 10! And I'm already positive I will make my Goodreads goal of 75 books for the year. This will be my third year in a row of reading 75 books! I'm not sure that I'll be doing ALL of the Popsugar Reading Challenge next year. I might, but I do have a list of 18 Must Reads of 2018.
  2. Organize stickers -

    If you are a planner person like me all of the accessories can get overbearing. My solution has been mini binders with sheet protectors, small cheap photo albums from the Dollar Tree, and the plastic pouch from Erin Condren to house my stickers. But everything gets topsy turvy when you are planning a bunch of things like a a bunch of Disney trips with the start of the holidays all together!

  3. Catch up with the blog - through December -

    I have posts that I will do from August until now. I have them planned out. But I am giving myself until the end of the year. If they do not get done, I am sorry. However, the ones that are not finished by December 31st will be discarded and possibly put in rotation for 2018. I'm giving myself that grace.

  4. Clean out my closet; simplify -

    Oh the things that Emily Ley's new book A Simplified Life, did to me! And it made me realize that hugging my clothes is not going to let me keep my sweater from my Mewmaw, but that's okay. However, that shirt that I want to wear from middle school probably isn't going to happen because my boobs are three times their size now. It's time to let that kind of stuff go. Also going through the top of my closet is also something that I want to do as well.
  5. Clean up Desktop -

    I have already made huge improvement with this already! I don't like a lot of icons regardless of what computer I am on. I refuse to let my work put the clock in app on my desktop at work when I can just save it to the bookmark bar at the top. But having it even more cleaned up was very nice!
  6. Organize Computer files -

    Also already a work in progress. I think it helped me to write down the ways I wanted to store my files. It seemed so easy to delete files. I realized that I haven't been using Word documents as much. However, I do need to slam on the brakes with all the pictures. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
  7. Go through the pink draw system in my room -

    In the coming year I would really love to remove this from my room. I would like to put the things that are in it into under the bed storage or closet storage. I rarely go into that drawer system anyways. I would love for a soft squishy chair to be there instead.
  8. Clean out from under the bed -

    Speaking about under the bed. I do need to go through and figure out what can be trashed. A lot of mementos and such. Just getting rid of the old and changing over to the new. It will be nice to start the year out with room to simply even more.

  9. Organize Google Drive -

    Yahoo! This is one is done! I deleted files that weren't being used and files that I knew I wouldn't use anymore. I'm not longer a teacher, and I am a homeschooling mother, but I shared the files with the person that helps homeschool and they are no longer on my computer but the central hub computer where the majority of homeschooling things are.

  10. Popsugar 2018 Challenge Picked out -

    As stated above I am not sure that I am going to do Popsugar Reading challenge in 2018. But, I would like to atleast have the books picked out in case I do decide that I'll hit my reading goal that way.
  11. Prep planner for the next year, participate in webinar Dec 28 -

    My new planner I do not receive until Christmas Day. Hooray for me. Not really because that's slightly freaking me out that I can't go ahead a prep it now. But at the same time I'm glad because I'm focusing on my Powersheets and my planner now. I am just glad that I do have a day set for working in it.
  12. Collect and organize travel items -

    This last trip when I was using chalky toothpaste was the last straw. I have made me a list to keep for traveling now. Travel dandruff shampoo for this chick is on that list. Also with several other packing necessities that I apparently have been overlooking. Time to make a travel storage area in a closet.

  13. Write down a draft of what I want my routines to look like -

    I just want a loose outline of what I would like my routine to look like. I'm not saying it has to be time structured. I have been scoping out ideas on Pinterest. If you have any ideas of how to add things into a routine or ritual please let me know!

  14. Choose a word of the year -

    I am so close to this. I have a few words wrote down. I do not feel like I have achieved my word this year and I'd like to give it another shot. But, we will see if I get to flourish in 2018.

  15. Clean and reorganize my desk at work -

    My work desk is covered under a layer of dust, and my tea strainer has tea in from months ago. I really need a face lift at work. I'm thinking about adding something beside the bulletin board. I also want to look at different desk organizers for on and inside my desk.
  16. Fill out Perpetual Calendar -

    I have so many people in my life with so many kids. It's hard to keep up with whose birthday is when. I'm not sure I'll put down every child, but it's going to get done. I will buy random birthday cards as well. I need to go to Trader Joe's and Lifeway. I love buying cards from both places! You really should check them out at Trader Joe's though.

  17. Clean and organize my desk at home -

    This desk is nothing like that one at work thank goodness. It will need a good dusting, and I really want to take off the clutter and clean out everything. This desk was built and given to me by a very special friend. I also need to clean off my other desk as well.
  18. Establish water routine -

    This was something that I tried so hard to maintain this year, but I may have to make a reminder on my phone for this too. I like having my water already fixed for me when I wake up in the morning. 14 oz before anything is really amazing.
Is there anything that you want to do before the new year? What would you like to get done in the new year?

No comments