Word of 2018

Tonight is a big deal, tonight starts a fresh new journey. It's a journey that God has given me. While other people are talking about how bad 2017 was to them or how it was their most amazing year ever, I am just grateful that God gave me life. He brought me and my family through another year.



The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. - Psalm 92:12


When I started working on my word of the year about three weeks ago I had a process. I had 10 words. After definitions and synonyms, I narrowed it down to six, then four and finally... I ended up with the same word as last year.

...crickets...

or

...fireworks...

I didn't chose this word again because it did so much for me this year. I honestly forgot about my word of the year, because I didn't use it in a system throughout the year. I am changing that this year. I have Powersheets, and two planners. I feel more boldly ready to take on this word. I have already started posting everywhere. Home, office, work, car, etc.

This year looks a lot different from the past few years. This year has more structure to it. More intentional planning (which is a goal of mine and I'll talk about that soon!) I want this year to be the year that I nourish myself to the point that I flourish from the inside out!



So goodbye 2017 where I didn't really flourish like I wanted to in these 365 days. And hello to the next set of 365 days! This year I am going to tend to myself, my relationship with God, and my relationship with others. I have so much to be grateful for and there should be more gratefulness in the world than all of the complaining that goes on.

I am curious as to what your word is or would be if you picked one out. I must say that not everyone uses their word in the same way, and that's okay. We are all very different people with different needs because of our walks of life.

No comments