Quarterly Book Talk: Spring 2018

Hello everyone! I promised you a book talk and here we are! It's been a long time coming and I'm sure that the summer one will be even longer! But here we are with the spring talk.


These books are a bit of a crazy whirlwind.

Instead of like last season, Winter 2018, this time I'm going to talk to you about each book I've read. Next season I'll change and go back to the other format, and swap it up each time.

His Truth - Riley Hart, you sure do know how to write an amazing book. This one touches on mental health and just really paints the perfect picture of what happens to you in your life really messing with your future. It shows the pain of growing beyond your past while it has a gorgeous love story in it.

The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living - I have had so many people tell me I would love Hygge, so I finally discovered this book on sale. I have finally read it, and yes I'm totally into this. I have joined a group on FB that talks about living this all the time. I highly recommend reading this book just see what a different culture is like. I always find that intriguing.

Grace, Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy - This is a reread for me this year, but I needed it. I realize Emily Ley brings a lot of the same subjects as other people do, but it's how she presents it. She really makes you think about life, and how you want it. And the steps to get to that goal.

The Secret Garden - One of my absolute favorite novels! I always love this book. I love how you see her grow through the book. One of my favorite things about this book compared to the movie is that you don't feel the pull towards to Colin like you do Mary in the movie. The book shows their story equally.

One Call Away - This book was a bit of a shock for me. This was a gay romance book, that just had such a different story than others. Different kind of characters and different kind of troubles that they had to face. I really do recommend this book.

Valor on the Move - I received this book as a giveaway from Keira herself. This has to be a first because I didn't read the description of this book. I love Kiera Andrews as an author. So I just jumped right in. This book actually had me feeling like I was in the White House. I love the build for this story. It was a little rocky at times. And I did not see the twist coming. Nothing prepared me for that! Nothing at all. The characters at times didn't feel completely realistic, but this is fantasy so give me a stereotypical mom any day! I also wasn't prepared for how the book ended.

How to Turn $100 into $1,000,000: Earn! Save! Invest! - One of my big goals for the year is to flourish with learning about money and budgeting. I figured I would start small with a book that is supposed to be for middle schoolers. First off, if you would have given this book to me in middle school I would have laughed in your face. Even now some of this book is hard for me at almost thirty to get through. It helped me some, but I do not think this book is for a middle schooler at all.

The Vines - I decided to read this on a whim. I'm pretty sure this is one of those books I bought because of the fascinating cover. I started reading this book, it was extremely weird. The plot thickens, the book is still really weird. I realize this book is paranormal and weird, which is not my taste. I still could not put the book down. Even the end was weird. I'm intrigued by the mind that wrote this. This story would have never crossed my mind.

Road To Romance - I used to believe this was my favorite book. And I still wore out one copy until it fell apart. However, I no longer see this book as my absolute favorite. I now see how unlikely this book would be to happen. Quite honestly, I doubt I read this book again, or at least for many years.

Something Out There - This might be my favorite book of all time. I just immensely enjoy it. It's probably my first cozy mystery if you would call it that. But I've always enjoyed the summer setting with sailing and robberies. It's just a good and wonderful romance slapped in the middle.

Sunset after Dark - Another one of my middle school favorites. It's amazing what my parents would let me read at such a young age. I'm sure my parents were just excited I was reading as opposed to me doing the stuff in the books that I was reading. This book matches real life with a hint of paranormal. It's always been a favorite of mine. Now, that I am older I can laugh at even more things in this book.

Alex and Eliza - There is a lot of talk about Alexander Hamilton, ever since the hit Hamilton made itself a household name. I was intrigued by this book because I do love historical fiction books. Plus, I really enjoy books by Melissa de la Cruz. She always has such interesting characters so to see her have to stay within in bounds of real people was amazing!

What books have you read this spring? What are your books for the summer? Don't forget to follow me on Goodreads!

1 comment