Podcast List - Part 3

Welcome back! If you are new here, please note that this list is the podcasts I listened to during the month of June. I have challenged myself to listen to a new podcast every week. I have staple podcasts that I listen to weekly so this was a big challenge to find new podcasts.



I will be skipping the month of July, because of vacations and I have some serious reading to catch up on.


I also want to make this note, and I will say it again going forward. I don't mind a lot of cursing, but I find a lot of it is unnecessary and I do use that to rate my podcasts. I'm usually pretty good about telling you if that's one of the reasons I don't like it. 

The Alli Worthington Show 
I'm not sure how I came to following Alli on Instagram. I want to say either Lara Casey or Emily Ley. But, either way, I grew very fond of her sense of humor. She's an author and she is a firm believer.


  • She talks to some really great people about different things.
  • I love how just down-to-earth she is. She doesn't make you feel like she's more important than the listener. I really feel like she would take sound advice from a listener.
  • The questions during her interviews actually give something to the listener. This podcast received 5/5 stars for me.  It's going into my rotation.


Happiness at Work
When I see the word happiness, I expect vibrancy. I guess that's quite silly in this day and age, because of the two podcasts I've listened to that have the word happy in them, the people are not happy.


  • This was very dull for me to listen to, and I was hoping for some tips on how to make work more enjoyable. Sure, I get that for some hearing how other jobs make their place happy. 
  • This is more for people who own a business, and while I do own a business, this still is a very out there reach to gain happiness at work.
  • I barely made it through two episodes without feeling dread of listening to another episode. I don't recommend this podcast. In fact, I wouldn't give it any stars and I've already deleted it off my app. And this time this review had nothing to do with language!


The Couragemakers Podcast
This one came recommended to me. It wasn't terrible, but it's not one that I'm going to return to often for entertainment.


  • There is some language in this one, and I was slightly meh about that. However, the content is decent.
  • I wasn't wowed by the host of the podcast. I actually felt like she rushed a lot of the conversations.
  • I still really like this podcast. I'm hovering between giving it a 2 and giving it a 3. So we are going to go with 2.5/5 stars. I will be keeping this one on my app.


That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs
I've been following Annie on Instagram like I did Alli. I actually hate that I started reading Annie's book before listening to her podcast! But I love her book that I'm reading this summer called 100 Days to Brave. But, back to her podcast, I enjoy lots of aspects of her podcast.


  • Oh, the music in her podcasts is incredible! I mean just so soothing or uplifting. Always, powerful music to help introduce her episode.
  • Seriously, this podcast was created by Annie to introduce her friends to her listeners. And it's like you are there in a coffee shop with her and her friend.
  • There is always a part of the episode where she talks to her friend about something fun. No matter what the topic is, she brings it back to something joyful. This is another one going into the constant rotation.


Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
From the title, you would think that I have found another Harry Potter podcast (and I have a few more of those coming.) But, this podcast is not about Harry Potter. This podcast is about helping you find the magic in life. Like passions and inspiration.


  • The first episode had me hooked me. I enjoyed the calming and the positivity from the host, who is an author. 
  • I actually felt inspired, and I do plan on reading the book from Elizabeth soon. Because if it is anything like the podcast I'll love it.
  • I gave this podcast 4/5 stars. I feel like there could be a touch more effects in this podcast. Obviously I love music and sound effects.



And if you want to catch up on the podcasts I have already listened to here you:

Podcasts - Part 1
Podcasts - Part 2

I hope you are enjoying these. If you have any suggestions of what I should listen to let me know in the comments below!

No comments