Horcrux Readathon Results and Reviews

Hey everyone! Surprise I'm going away this weekend! I'm actually on my way right now. I've had enough of my work for a while and I just need to get away. And I'm actually kind of sad that September is already over! How can this be? A part of fall has already disappeared! But I did finish the Horcrux Challenge!



This was a rather fun, yet challenging readathon! It would read most of these again.

A book that includes a diary - or is an autobiography: My Lucky Life In and Out by Dick Van Dyke

This book was exactly what I wanted it to be. I loved just getting the skims of his life and his lightheartedness. I really believe he is genuine without many scandals. I still cannot believe he was 40 when he did Mary Poppins!

A book that includes a ring or a wedding: The Wedding Date by Sean Ashcroft

My favorite book from the challenge. A little obvious as to what was going to happen with the main characters. But the off characters and the story? Now that threw a curve ball!

A book that includes a diadem - or contains royalty: Thief by Ava March

This was a swap for me. I didn't see me finishing the book I had originally picked out. This book, however, I finished in a day and absolutely adore it! I cannot wait to read the rest of the books in the series.

A book that includes a locket or a book about a love triangle: Double Dare by Jeanne St. James

This book had a terribly slow start to it. I was also getting tired of the sex scenes that just seemed to be repeating some. But then the story definitely picked up. And I do want to read at least one more in the series.

A book that includes a cup - or is a part of a series: The Perfect Cup by Dominic Clark

This might have been my second least favorite book this month. It seemed so tedious. Plus, it was just to weird in the beginning. I'm all for different jobs in books, but really a dairy storage factory? Eh. It just seemed to weird. 

A book that includes a snake - or has a textured cover: Snake Charmer by Carol Lynne

This one started out too fast for me, but then it became a perfect pace. A great read with great feelings. And an ending that was slightly odd, maybe because there was no foreshadowing of it. I do plan to read as many as possible in this series!

A book that includes a character named Harry - or is written by a Harry: Handy Harry by Erin M. Leaf

Okay, the least favorite of my books this month. It was way too short for me. It moved way too fast. And the climax was very dull. Not one of the best books.

BONUS: A book that contains a sword - or is about bravery: The Piper's Price by Audrey Greenhouse

This was different from the first book. It was a little bit darker than the first book. It's such a modern day twist and reality twist to stories we have loved Disney telling us. I do recommend this series. It really makes you think about being an adult.

Yes, there was a surprise book! Trust me, I was surprised too! I've had a lot of fun finding new books to read for challenges. So, before I take on the N.E.W.T.s I'm going to enjoy some rereads in October. Strangely enough, I'm going to reread the Fifty Shades series, and I'm going to reread the Kindom Series from Marie Hall. Plus, it will soon be October, so plenty of witch books too!

No comments