January 2019 Favorites

Hello February! The month of love! I'm so excited! January has been an interesting month. Nothing radical happened. I just realized I learned more about myself and my surroundings this month.


And now let us welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been. - Rainer Maria Rilke
What to say about this month? It started off very rocking because of my day job. The tension was very high at work. And starting off the year that way wasn't the greatest. But God kept shining through all the bad. I started going to a small group. I started a wonderful night routine, (I'm still working on perfecting the morning routine.) I took in a friend that was left devasted from the shock of a divorce. My best friend and I took on the 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting. We also participated in a Write the Word Challenge that ended yesterday. It was a very fulfilling month with Disney, doctor visits, and so much love in this house.

Beauty/Haircare:

Sugar Cookie Eyeshadow Palette Too Faced

How cute is this little palette?! It's so adorable and the shades are perfect! It smells so good too! This is a cute little masterpiece from Too Faced. It has mattes and shimmers and I just love all the combinations you can make with this super pigmented eyeshadows! I hope they keep coming out with different scented makeup. I'm all over it!

Skincare/Healthcare:

Soap and Glory The Fab Pore Purifying Foam Cleanser

Almost two years ago I fell in love with the cleanser from Soap and Glory. And after running out of the expensive Mary Kay cleanser I decided I would try out this Foam Cleanser. So far the results are amazing! My face looks 100% better. I really can tell a difference, and this is better than the twenty-something dollar cleanser I was using from Mary Kay!


Clothing:

Walt Disney World Spirit Jersey - Millennial Pink

This shirt is really warm. I'm not kidding. It is super thick and is great quality. I love how the writing on this shirt is puffy and well on this material. It fits beautiful for a comfy fit while still feeling very stylish. I love the design of this shirt. I hope Disney continues the designs like this.


Lifestyle:

Small Group

On my bucket list was to start attending a small group. The vice president of the company I work invited me to help him start a Sunday School Class/Small Group. It has really helped me connect to people and see how we each worship and praise differently throughout the week.


Music/Movie/TV Show:


I am so excited to be back on this kick again! I just love the characters on this show. It's still not the Golden Girls to me. But I can definitely binge watch this show too. I just love them all. Anthony is still one of my favorite characters on this show. Talk about someone's character growing!

Book:

Fired Up

Riley Hart strikes again for me in the book department. This time she's pulling extra hard on my heartstrings with a Down Syndrome character included. Her work doesn't get enough publicity in my opinion. Her books should be the first books you see in the LGBTQ  section of Goodreads.


Food:

New Year Tips for Packing a Full Week of Healthy Lunches + Snacks

I actually tried out some of the suggestions on this meal plan idea. I loved them. They were really filling. I also discovered that I like breadless roll-ups with just meat and cheese. It's almost like having a deli kind of meal. I do try to get real deli meat from Publix most of the time, but Target has a good variety as well. I enjoy the pretzels with the Laughing Cow Cheese.


New Obsession:


VIZIO 24" D-Series

This tv has been the favorite that I've ever had. I love it! I can watch Youtube while doing other things so easily now. The picture is great. Everything is easy to set up on this TV except the workings with Amazon's Echo. I'm still glad I got a Smart Tv.

Tried and True and Returning: 


Yeti Tumbler 30 oz

I know the rage for these were a few years ago. But, I really still enjoy mine. I have decals on mine that are just perfect for me. These really brighten my day. I'm having to drink a ton of water and I still prefer my Yeti for major water drinking.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



I decided that this year I really wanted to journal. Both real diary-like pages, art journal, and meditation journaling. I am so happy that I found this. It really helps me to give ideas for future months. 

Disney:


Disney World Marathon Weekend

I enjoyed my fourth Marathon Weekend at Disney World in a row! It was pretty awesome. While I did do my best at the moment, I didn't PR any this time. I did start the tradition of getting my medals signed by the characters.

Mommy:

Busy Toddler
My littlest ones are going to be two in just four months! What happened to time? They are into everything thing and this is a huge learning time for them. I am a huge believer in learning while playing and this website has it all. There is just something about these activities that give you some peace of mine and gives them some fun!


That's it for this month! Keep on loving in February and truly love your neighbors!

No comments