February 2018 Favorites

Wow hello, March! Am I excited it's March? Yes and no! Yes because as of yesterday I'm in Disney World! No, because of Day Light Savings Time. Yeah, I like the dark. I like my sleep. No, I am not happy. But it's March so it's time for February favorites!



It is fall yet?

February went by so quickly! It started out with some great times with the Adopt A School program where the students shadow our jobs. We had some great questions this year. I spent a lot of time working on my new office at work. It's been so much trying out new things for the office. One of the things that I'm so excited for this year is getting used to my silhouette. Then the flu struck our house and I was terrified I was going to get it. But, by the grace of God I didn't. We had a HUGE sale at work during the same week. I took off for Disney World right after that. And I love the Princess Half Marathon. There is something about running that race with one of my best friends every year and drinking our beers before and champagne afterward. This is where it all started for us. And then boom, I came home swapped out some clothes and return to Disney World.

Beauty:

Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara TOO FACED - What's better than Better Than Sex mascara? Waterproof Better Than Sex. That's fun mouth full. I love this makes my eyes. I'm loving the formula. No smudging. Great long lasting. Perfect fanned out lashes.

Skincare:


SOAP & GLORY Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel - The fact that this has a 5-star rating on Ulta should be proof of how amazing this stuff is. But, in case that didn't get through. It's amazing. It lathers amazingly. It smells heavenly. It really does your skin clean. No deodorant build up. No sweat.

Food:

Dickie's BBQ - I love some Dreamland here in Tuscaloosa, but my second favorite is definitely. I love the smoked chicken sandwich and their baked beans. I also really enjoy their sliders at lunch. I have their catering too and it's superb. I've only had one meal from there that I wasn't happy about.

Lifestyle:

Samsonite Tectonic Large Backpack - I'm sure over the last few years Disney has some surveillance video of me struggling with all my bags and having to take breaks to regroup them. Well, no longer! My laptop bag was the worse, because yes I do completely overpack. But this backpack I got for Christmas completely changed the game for me! I love that it fits right onto the handles of my Samsonite luggage! It's a beautiful thing!

Book:


Color Me In by Riley Hart - This book... Wow. I could just feel the intensity between these two. I felt the pain. The hesitation. The pull and the tug. The plunge and the push. It was everything a sequel should be and it was. It really was.

Music/Movie:


Harry Potter and The Philosopher Stone Soundtrack - Ahh get over yourself, I realize in the US it's called Sorcerer Stone, but I live with a few British people and have a bunch of friends that are too. Plus, that's its first name. But anyways, I love to kick it back to the beginning from time to time. I love lighting a few candles, having some soup, and snuggling while watching the series. I've also started listening to this soundtrack while meditating as well. I can feel myself soaring over the grounds among things.


Clothing: 

Cozychic Ultra Lite® Pants BAREFOOT DREAMS® - Y'all I live in leggings, but these leggings have changed the game for me. I love these for Saturdays around the house. And lounging at Disney World. There is something just so luxurious about them. I cannot even put this into words how comfortable these feel. These are like the sweatpants of dreams come true. I'm telling you if they had made sweatpants like this there would be no yoga pants. Actually, if you married sweatpants with yoga pants, boom these!

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 


Simple Abundance - Ever since Pretty Neat Living started talking about this book back when she was Organize Jen, I have been obsessed with this book. I was so scared of this book after it was given to me because it just seemed daunting sitting there. It has changed lives what if it couldn't change mine? Oh but it has and it's so good! I love it. I actually read it with the Paper & Glam family a few years ago. Also, I want to read everything that this author has written so if you are looking for a gift for me; Sarah Ban Breathnach is the author.

New Obsession:


Learning more about different kinds of relationships. I know this is going to sound really strange, but it's true. I've started learning about types of relationships that do not get the spotlight in mainstream media. Sure, you hear of three people party having sex, but what about a real relationship of three people. Don't scoff, I'm learning about them. People can learn about anything that they want. Plus, it helps you handle all sorts of different situations if and when you encounter them.

Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:


Disney: 

Princess Half Marathon Weekend 10th Anniversary - Oh this was so epic. It was my fourth Princess Half Marathon weekend. But I got to meet people who have been doing this race weekend for ten years! I'm so thankful for the friends I have made in this community!

Mommy Favorite:

Circus Check Silk Bow Tie NORDSTROM - Sevvy has been looking very dapper lately. I love these ties from Nordstrom. He loves looking like his daddy so he had to have ties. So we got him ties. He wears them all the time. 

No comments