January 2016 Favorites & Lookback

IT'S FEBRUARY!!!!! Which means it's time for January favorites!



Let's see where to start? Because this month has lead me coast to coast, out of the country, sledding, skating, etc. It has been a beautiful month.

The year/month started out with me making major goals. Not just seeing something on Instagram and writing goals. I mean like thought provoking, changing my life up goals. I was in the mountains for the beginning of the year so I had plenty of space to think about everything.

Arriving back into Tuscaloosa for a short while I was offered a side job with someone I respect and admire. We are still talking about it. But it's still exciting part of my new year. Then we left for Disney World the first full week of January.

I ran the Dopey Challenge which is 48.6 miles in 4 days. I loved every second of it, but I wasn't done yet. We boarded the Disney Dream and enjoyed the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. This is where I ran the Castaway Challenge--- Twice.

Now this is a bit of story, because it makes me look like an idiot. We ran that morning after getting off the ship. I ran it and had breakfast. Then I apparently slept. When I woke up and was wifi talking to my friend I for some reason thought we were just docking and was having to run again. I wasn't suited up or anything just ran. Poor Vin was chasing after me, screaming. We aren't really sure what was wrong with me. But it's a great story to tell everyone.

When we finished up our cruise we hoped on a plane and headed for California. We picked up a fellow runner-who is just as of addicted to running as we are. We ran the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend the Light Side. Not only did we do the Rebel Challenge which was the half marathon and the 10K but we also did the 5K. So by the time I got home I had put 73.1 miles on those poor shoes, (76.2 if you want to get technical.)

We arrived home in Alabama for a short while. We were there for like 3 days until we decided to go back to North Carolina... We got to endure Blizzard Jonas 2016! It was a blast! I went from one week enjoying the relaxing 75 degree beach to 19 degrees 14 inches of snow! We went sledding, ice skating, made snowmen, and made igloos.

Vin went Orlando the last weekend in January. He was there for Harry Potter Celebration Weekend. It was his third year in a row. He loves it. 

That sums up my month. Below are my favorites and of course the Lookback!


Eye Makeup Product - Chocolate Bon Bons Too Faced Palette - I received this for Christmas and I just fell in love with it. I love the colors. The mattes and the sparkles. I love the heart shape boxes for getting the product on the brush too!

Eye Makeup Brush Coast Scents Eye Shadow Brush BR-C-N02 - This brush came in some Ipsy bag, but I really love it. It's great size and holds the product well! Loose or pressed shadow works with this brush!

Face Makeup Product - Tarte Smooth Operator - I have been using a cream based highlighter, bronzer and blush so this has been fantastic to soak up excess oils.

Face Makeup Brush -Ecotools Complexion Collection Mattifying Finish Brush - I have a whole series of things about this brush. It's fantastic and is staying a favorite for face powder!

Lip ProductChapstick Total Hydration Soothing Oasis - This is a first for me. One because I have been able to keep up with this. Two, because I'm not constantly reapplying it. Twice a day and I love it! It doesn't dry out my lips!

Hair Care ProductHead & Shoulders Strong and Full - I have been having hair trouble with all the traveling, my immune system, and the climate changes. This is helping my hair get back to normal.

SkincareFirst Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer - This is something that I wanted to test out while I'm running in frigid temperatures. This has saved my skin this winter! I love it!

Shower/Bath ProductGlazed Apple Feel Good Tin - This set was gift to me for Christmas. It smells heavenly! I love the scrub and the body wash!

Game - Oregon Trail - I haven't played this as much this month. I just got kind of tired of it. But I have still played it some.

YouTube Channel/YouTuberPaper & Glam - Her videos are inspiring. Her groups on Facebook have changed my life.

Book/StoryThe Drake Series Complete Collection: Book 1 - 3 of the Drake Series by S. E. Lund. Oh this series was recommended to me from a good old friend of me. He loves <free> books and the series was free. It's a little like Fifty Shades of Grey, but not entirely.

Song/Album - Haunted Mansion Song - It's more than usual this month that I have been listening to it. I have even been running to it.

MovieStar Wars: The Force Awakens - I finally seen this aboard the cruise ship one morning. It was amazing!

Pinterest Pin -

Disney Moment - I think my major Disney moment was when Vin surprised me in California since he was suppose to go home and stay at home after the cruise.

Running/FitnessNike Air Zoom Pegasus 23 Flash iD - I know these are expensive but these are shoes I now swear by again and again. They withstood sand, snow, dirt, and all kinds of pavement for me. I have already purchased three more pairs because I'm that addicted to running in these.

Food - I would have to say A Strawberry Walks into a Bar. These are so delicious and the apples ones are amazing too!

Spotlight Etsy ShopMeeDigiScrap - I fell in love with printable planner stickers. This was just the start of my addiction to the cheapness of the stickers and I can print them as often as I want!

Favorite Prompt from Listers Gotta List - My Big Accomplishments - It was awesome to see what I have conquered in my life!




No comments