My 2016 Summer Plans

Are you going to the beach? Are you going camping? Are you doing a staycation? My plans are not exact, but I have a few things written down for things for me to do. I have a few tiny trips planned, but for the most part I have project type things to do. At the end I'll show you my planner Bucket list for the summer that is mostly for my kids. These things won't be included on my list below.



Reading - 

Reading for the summer has technically already started. A Pop of Jess is our neighborhood reader and we have started our Boxcar Children Adventures list. In a year or two we will be taking our families and going around the country visiting places like the Boxcar Children do. I'll also be working on the Popsugar 2016 Reading challenge just like last year. In addition to that, I'm going to try and tackle the Popsugar Summer Reading Challenge. And of course I'll be doing my reading for Paper & Glam Book Club.

Journal -

I have recently become very interested in journaling. I like to journal about my daily devotional, and also my daily daybook. My most recent discovery is bullet journaling. The basic system is great for some people I prefer the style of Boho Berry. Hers adds style and copious amounts of color. It gives me room to improve myself and hold me accountable by putting it on paper.

Trips - 

The last few summers haven't been spent at home too much. This summer will be different except for a few trips. Here soon Vin and I are taking a trip up the east coast, stopping by New York City. It is something he has wanted to do for a while so I have agreed. We will also be going to Sylva a few times.

Planning -

Of course, Vin and I will finish out our wedding plans for December. It's getting a little nerve wrecking watching that number get smaller and smaller.  But we want things to get finished up and timely.

Also Erin Condren will be releasing her new line of planners like always in

The reason we want things to be finished with the wedding is so that we can focus on the things for the fall. We usually do a lot of things in the fall as a family and as a couple. Homeschooling, Halloween, Fall, Thanksgiving are all the reasons for activities. We like to have a lot of things to do.

Fitness - 

It's really hot in Alabama, so most of my workouts will be moving inside. I will still be training for my triathlon and marathons outside though. I will continue to work out with Tone It Up, Blogilates, and our newest obsession Pound Workout. Yoga will still be something that I partake in as well.

Television - 

For a while now I have loved NCIS, Golden Girls, Friends, Designing Women, and The Vampire Diaries. But I'm embarking on new shows this summer. I want to do a spinoff or two of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angles and NCIS: New Orleans. I'm really looking forward to these shows. Also on the list for me to dive into is The Gilmore Girls, Once Upon a Time, and Supernatural.

Disney - 

Alas, did you really think Disney things wouldn't make an appearance on my post? Of course it has it's own place! Zootopia is hitting DVD & Blu-ray on June 7th! So there will be plenty of time watching Zootopia! Also this summer is Finding Dory! I think that might mean a trip to the aquarium!

Food -

One of the things I am looking forward to the most this summer is making food options in this house more abundant. I'm tired of the old, "Let's go get something." I want more meals that I can create out of the crockpot and oven. I also want to visit many farmer markets for a new option. Also Vintage recipes I believe I will start trying more of just to find some new flavors together that the family can enjoy!

Planner Bucket List -

These stickers I bought back in February for my planner from Lillie Henry's shop! She sells very vibrant stickers for planners!



No comments