Seasonal Decor: Where to Buy

It's almost time to decorate for the holidays. As you know I am a seasonal decorator. I believe each month regardless of if it has a holiday in it or not needs to have a theme. It helps keep life from being too boring. But what where do I get my things to decorate from?


“Life is defined by time and seasons.”  ― Lailah Gifty Akita

 There are many, many places that I shop for home decor. I use everything from Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby to Pottery Barn. So I though I would round up a list of places that I go for seasonal decorations.

Dollar General
Family Dollar
Dollar Tree

Big Lots
HomeGoods

Dollar stores and/or discount stores have most of the holidays that you can ramble off. I go to these for the more simpler things. Sometimes I buy certain things knowing that I will throw them away and buy again next year and it's not a big deal.

Walmart
Target

Walmart and Target both have great decorations. Target has great British Christmas traditions while Walmart has outdoor decorations. It's a nice swap between the two.

Lowe's
Home Depot
Local Nursery

I love to decorate the outside of my home as well. I have major luck with Lowes, Home Depot, and usually my local nursery.

Pier 1 Imports 
Kirkland's
Pottery Barn
World Market
Crate and Barrel

These stores have a high price tag, but gorgeous things that will last a lifetime. I am not talking just Christmas things either. Everything from New Years, Easter, Fourth of July, to Christmas. I highly recommend Pottery Barn for items that will truly last a lifetime.

Michaels
Hobby Lobby

Whether you are looking to buy or create Christmas decorations, these shops are for you! Everything you can thing of to make something is at one or the other shop listed.

Do you have any places that you buy decorations at that I do not have listed? Please list below! I am constantly looking for new places to shop at for seasonal items.

No comments