3 Football Traditions in My Family

Underwear!? Yep, in my family there are some strange American football traditions, and superstitions we have believed in through the years. Everyone has their own traditions with holidays, but my family, well we are from the south, and football is like religion!



Traditions are always a fun idea, especially when you throw in some wacky ones...

Let the crazy fun and happenings start!

When college football season starts, our calls to Pizza Hut and Papa John's increases... Big time. We get pizza, breadsticks, wings, and dessert. Sometimes we call on Chickfila and Wingzone as well. But love to do food when football season starts. Most people claim they only put on weight at Thanksgiving. The Collins... Well we start putting it on at the end of August and we don't stop until spring because it's too darn hot to eat all the things we love. We will eat like elephants at the spring scrimmage games. And while this one is more common tradition, we take it to the next level. We have mounds of food that we snack and chow down on through the week. We like to keep the spirit of football alive!

While we don't have box seats like some people my family was on waiting lists for years for season tickets. We do however, each family, have Zone seats. We are allowed to have alcohol in our section. We have lockers where we have to put the alcohol in by noon Friday. We have so many extras. But before the home games, we also tailgate. We put up tents, lights, satellites, and just have a big party before we ever get into the stadium. We bust out games, and watch other games. I also love strolling around because you usually can find some great vendors selling things. There is just something about mingling with a bunch of other over zealous Bama fans, who are just as obnoxious as we are. We love our Rammer Jammer.

Last but not least... If you are around my family during football season you will sure enough hear my dad ask me do I have on my panties. Yep. While other people have lucky shirts, lucky hats, or lucky rabbits foot. This girl has Alabama panties from Victoria Secret, stamped with the Alabama logo. I wear these every Saturday, and I have worn them since the 2009 season. Yep, the 2010 College Football Championship was ours that year. My dad swears its my underwear. Now there have been times that we joke that I didn't put them on in time, like just a few years ago against Ole Miss. While some my find this weird, let me tell you from turning out certain lights to turning their furniture a certain way, we Bama fans don't mess around.


Who do you scream for during CFB season? Do you have any superstitions?

No comments