Maple Holistics: Teatree Oil Shampoo Review

Finding a good shampoo is hard. Finding one that is good for you and good for the planet even more hard. But perhaps, I have found one that trades in these conflicts and makes it easier.



While I was given this as a free sample, these opinions are my own.

Maple Holistics sent me their Tea Tree Shampoo to try out. I used this shampoo over the course of two weeks. I really wanted to get a feel for the shampoo. My hair is frizzy, and wavy. I have a dry scalp with a dandruff problem at times. I do color my hair.

1st use: I realized that the shampoo was very strong in the smell. It isn't as thick at conditioner, but it is a thicker shampoo. The bottle was decent. I like better packaging, but to each their own. I find it easier to drop with wet hands if the bottle is cylinder and sleek. The lather was slightly lacking. I did rinse and repeat like the bottle suggested.

After blow drying my hair the smell wasn't as strong. The fragrance was still there, but it wasn't as strong. I do believe my hair felt cleaner longer which is a huge plus to me. I do believe this kept my scalp from getting oily faster!


2nd use: Mostly the same. Smell was even less. More shine this time. Hair still felt clean in between the washes.


3rd use: The fragrance was overwhelming, however, I realized I had not blown dry my hair. If you do not want the herbal smell from this tea tree oil shampoo I strongly suggest blow drying your hair. I would also like to add that it did NOT damage the color of my hair! It was

Pros:

  • Kept hair clean, and helped the scalp
  • Good for me and the earth
  • Reasonably priced
  • Did not affect the coloring of my hair
Cons:
  • Packaging
  • Smell
  • Consistency - It was a little thick for me


I will continue to use this product. I like the brand and the concept for this shampoo, but I do see areas of improvement for Maple Holistics.
"Maple Holistics has one goal in mind: to provide a natural, holistic range of premium products which can enhance hygiene, health and daily living." 
I believe this company does exactly what they say they are going to do. Their products are made in the USA. They are cruelty and sulfate free company! All natural products are used to create their line.

I would also like to include that they have a free samples program that I believe y'all would be interested in. You just fill out the form and they send you a free sample and then you'll get an email telling you how to get your full size item free!

Do you use products that are green? Have you ever tried Maple Holistics? Will you try out the free samples? Let me know!

No comments