New Obsession: Lipsense Review

New obsessions are constantly popping up for me lately! I am totally okay with following in love with new things! This time, it's all about the lips!



That's right, today it's about Lipsense! All of my own opinion, and trust me I'm giving it to ya!

I was sent a sample of gloss and color from Lipsense by Red Gate Beauty to review!

LipSense is the premier product of SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color. As the original long-lasting lip color, it is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own color palette by combining colors from over 50 shades.

I was so excited to try this product! I was so scared to drop the money on it and then it not live up to all the hype. I had even heard some stories that I shouldn't have paid attention to but I did, that it would cause me to bruise my lips taking it off. Obviously that person didn't know what she was talking about. Or how to use this product.

Lipsense is from the company that was started in 1999 called SeneGence. The company was founded by Joni Rogers-Kante. She has traveled the world learning about different techniques and formulas. My favorite thing about her company is one of their philosophies;  It's about healthy and natural products that combine beauty and technology and cosmetics that are actually good for your skin!

My first experience: I was so excited to open up my sample. My friend over at A Pop of Jess had already received her sample and hers looked amazing! I quickly broke the seal on stain and read the directions. Both the paper and my best friend said it would tingle. So first application... Um no. It didn't tingle, it stung, like toe curling tingle feeling. But then I realized that if it hurts worse than a tingle feeling, that means you have cracked lips. And I did. I fell in love with the color instantly, Apple Cider. Three applications which are a bit tricky to begin with, and I feel even more in love. Add the gloss. I was pretty much sold. Then I started kisses pretty much anyone in my house, amazed at the fact it wasn't coming off. I sipped on tea, no smudging. The cup wasn't wearing my lip color, I still was!

Long Lasting: For the first few times, mine didn't have lasting power and turns out I had serious wax build up on my lips. And so it took a few good uses and now my lips adore it and it lasts so long! I cannot wait to extend my collection!

Color Combining: While I didn't get to check this out with the same from Redgate. I have seen so many ideas for taking two different Lipsense colors and putting them together to create a new color! How awesome is that? Sure you could layer lipstick, but this is double the staying power! One of the ideas that has popped into my head was what if you put own a darker color and realize oh no this is not for this outfit. With Lipsense, just pop a lighter color on top and it will be perfect!


Lip Exfoliating: First uses the color didn't last long and I would get grouchy until I realized exactly what was happening. It was my lips shedding the skin on them. Lipsense causes your lips to naturally exfoliate. My lips are truly getting soft now! And that's just wild to me after all these years of trying to find the best balm for softer lips! I still enjoy using a lip scrub at night in addition to the natural exfoliate.

Gloss, Gloss, Gloss: In a world where I am used to putting gloss over color this is nothing new. But the type of Lipsense gloss you put over your color has a major playing role. Why? Because different glosses changes the color. Really, each one has a different effect on the lip color!

Finally verdict: I am going to purchase more! This is now becoming a staple in my makeup collection. I have never seen a product like this, ever. It's really amazing!

Are you interested in Lipsense? Please know that there is truly a starters kit which includes; color (whatever you choose), gloss (whichever you choose), and Oops remover because this stuff doesn't budge! I also recommend the Oops remover to help the process along as well for cleaning your lips before application of color!

No comments