August 2017 Favorites

Hello September! It's now officially time to bust out the pumpkin spice, finds some pumpkins and prepare for the holidays. Yep! I am that kind of person! But it's here and there is no time to wait!



Au Revoir August


August brought back the mundane fun of school and work. Bore! Our kids didn't go back to homeschooling until late August, but we started prepping early August. I also started preparing for my fall races, and proceeded to keep buying Lularoe. I also had a discovery. If you doctor's has you on a certain brand, and it's working for you, do not cave into the pharmacy or a nurse. Push for the medicine that works best for you. I started baking again in August and have really enjoyed finding light and fluffy desserts for the end of summer. I rediscovered my love for sushi, had several Adopt A School meetings, and started Christmas shopping! Oh another wonderful thing I discovered this month is Walmart Pick-Up! Order online and pick up at your scheduled delivery time. You never have to leave your car! That's my August!

Beauty:

White Chocolate Chip Too Faced Eyeshadow - This little treat was something I picked up on a whim at Sephora. It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the shimmer. I hope they come out with a bigger version of this soon, or come out with small, compact versions of their chocolate bars! Really would love that!

Skincare:


Pekee Bar Drunk Elephant - One of my favorites from Pretty Neat Living, Jen has been loving this brand. I had to try it out of course. And I loved it! I have only tried this so far but I will be trying out other stuff. I probably wait until next year, but who knows. I do recommend this soap, but beware it is pricey. However, it lasts forever, and ever amen. Wow it's really awesome!

Food:

Dole Fruit Squish'ems! Apple Pineapple Squeezable Fruit Pouches - These I stumbled upon by mistake. We were ordering things from Walmart's grocery pick up and I saw these. Now truth be told? I bought these so that I could some dole fun without Disney. But these are an amazing snack! They are delicious! I highly recommend them.

Lifestyle:

Prima Planner - Planner Glue Pen - Seriously probably my favorite product out of this whole month. These pens are gel based glue. They are positional until they dry and then they are permanent. They work on everything; photos, stickers, and all sorts of papers! I really loves these. I will buy more. For now I keep one on the go with me, one of my desk and one in my desk.


Book:


Guess what!? It's another Riley Hart book! Stay, is the second book in the Blackcreek series, which is also her first series. I cannot get over how amazing her books are! I've only come across one that I don't care for of her books. This one involved the sweetest little girl that wanted a family after the only family she had known was snatched away.

Music/Movie:


Ring on Every Finger - LOCASH; Vin just really loves this song. This is another song we have really enjoyed dancing together when it comes on iTunes.

Clothing: 


Black Lularoe Legging - Most people will tell you that the legging material is all the same. I am about to tell you that there is a different. Trust me. Some have even more extra stretch! And my unicorn pair of black leggings have it! I slept in these they felt like angel clouds!

Tried & True Returning Favorite: 


Sigma F60 - This guy, I love it! I love how smooth the application is. I have tried sponges, other foundation brushes, nothing compares to this brush. Wow! And so easy to clean like all Sigma brushes. Which is why I return to them time after time.

New Obsession:


The Jason Show - LuLaRoe Ever After by Kristin Cooper - Omg I love watching (and buying) Lularoe videos, but Jason is my favorite! He is hilarious. I had a pretty rotten day in August and he made it so much better!


Favorite Blog Post or YouTube Video:



I finally found the music from The Wilderness Lodge that they play while you are walking around the resort!!

Disney: 

There was no "wow" Disney moment this month. I did pack for Disneyland, and work on some other Disney trip info as well.

Mommy Favorite:

Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle 'N Swing with Smart Swing Technology - We have bouncers, swings, etc. But Freddie loves this one. Queenie isn't a fan, but she has her own favorite. Freddie will lift his head to peek at her.

I'm so glad that fall is now upon us! I love Fall favorites and products. I hope you are having a wonderful day! And please keep your thoughts and prayers on those affected by Harvey!

No comments