#ITeachToo Teacher Tag

When I graduated from college, I looked back at my student teaching days and I smiled so big. I remember being a student who had a student teacher in their room, and I was amazed at how different the styles and techniques were. I realized I actually done the same thing to the teachers, I came in with new ideas and new hope. I was finally a teacher.



I still love to teach and that will always be a big part of my heart.
1. What do you teach and where?

I used to teach Pre-K. I haven't taught in a few years. I went on an entrepreneurship and I haven't returned. However, the thoughts have been there to return. Especially when I finish up my doctorate this year.

2. How long have you been teaching?

I taught for 4 years.

3. Did you always know you wanted to be a teacher?

Yes, I did. I had a few other ideas cross my mind. I have since become quite a few other things besides a teacher. But teaching gives me that creative outlet.



4. What is your typical #teacherootd?

Easy to move in, and comfortable without wearing jeans as much as possible. Thank the Lord, leggings have come back into style for my teaching time.

5. What do you usually bring for lunch?

I usually bring leftovers, chicken salad, sandwich or soup. I love that kind of lunch.

7. What are your favorite teacher movies?

I'm going to list these in order!

  1. Remember the Titans - Okay yes I love this movie for more than just the teaching aspect. Okay, okay so I really watch it for the football aspect. But there is teaching in this movie too.
  2. The Trouble with Angels - You are not going to find this on any other millennial's teacher movie list. But I love Haley Mills and this movie.
  3. Kindergarten Cop - "It's not a tumor."
  4. Dead Poets Society - Ahhhh Robin Williams, I will always love you in this.
  5. The Emperor's Club



8. Who was your favorite teacher?

Oh,, that's really tough.
Elementary - Mrs. Golden, she wasn't too tough, but she just had a way about her, and I really loved her teaching science and social studies.
Middle School - Okay, I'm not even gonna kid, this took me forever to come up with because if there was ever any years I didn't think I would want to teach, it would have been these few years. I finally came up with Coach Wilson. He was a great science teacher.
High School - I have two for this! Dr. Gibbons, who was a huge inspiration to me. I'm very serious she radically changed my life. The second one would be, Mrs. Copen. While I hated her classes. She taught me a lot about teaching. It still makes me smile thinking about the classes I had with her.

9. Who are some of your favorite teacher YouTubers/Instagrammers/Snapchatters, etc?





10. What is one of your best classroom management tips?

Expo markers are king! Laminating is your best friend. Keep things seasonal or monthly.

11. What is one reason you decided to become a teacher?

It had always been a dream of mine since the second grade. Even more so I felt like a teacher when I was in the teaching club in high school. I felt the bug of explaining and caring for children that weren't mine, but needed guidance and encouragement. I truly do not regret the decision to become a teacher.

Thanks for listening to me! If you are a teacher or if you know someone who is, pass this tag along, or fill it out in the comments below! I am so glad I am a part of the Adopt a School program in Tuscaloosa! It's where businesses team up with schools to create a better learning environment. 

No comments