9 Tailgatin' Activities

Yall I love tailgatin'. Though here in recent years I haven't been able to enjoy it like I used to do. But there is just something about the time before a game where we are all just excited and feeling the energy buzzing around you. But what do you do for tailgating?



I'm going to let you in on the activities that I and my family participate in!

Gameday in Tuscaloosa, nothing is like it. You have the whiners, who complain that they can't get out or not going to get out. And that's fine by me. Just move and hush, because I live for this feeling. I live for this time of year.

1. Games - Corn hole: An truly fun game if you have never played. It has it's on boards and bean bags. Many of us have Alabama boards. But there are generic ones too. I'll link one here. Tag football: Oh yeah another great game to play is either just tossing a football around or a true game of tag football. There is just something about doing that to get your own heart pumping before the game.

2. Decorate - Yep, we decorate our spots. Starts with a tent. Then you put up the tv, speakers, and radio. You string up some lights. Make sure you have enough juice to blow up Big Al Blowup. And you make sure everything you have says your team. We can't have a casserole dish around here without having the Alabama script-y A on it.

3. BBQ - Here in Tuscaloosa we prefer Dreamland or Archibald's. Both are good enough for us while we are lounging around. Some people even smoke or grill their own.

4. Snacks and appetizers - We love snacky foods after we had a meal. BBQ meatballs, boiled peanuts, cheese balls, pimento cheese sandwiches (yes it can be a football food), buffalo chicken dip, bacon wrapped jalapenos, Alabama ranch firecrackers, cheesy bacon pecan dip, and more buffalo chicken anything.

5.  Watching other games - If you bring your own dish satellite then you can enjoy some of the other games on tv. But, remember you might want to bring some speakers for your tv. You'll have to get the sound above Sweet Home Alabama blaring from all directions and at different parts of the song.


Bryant-Denny-Stadium-Tailgate

6. Meeting people you know and people you don't know - This is one of my favorite reasons to go. I've been tailgating since I was little. I actually think since I was born. I've seen so many people grow up with me thanks to this tradition. And I love meeting new ones.

7. Cracking open a cold one - I realize people were expecting this one all along. But it's not just beer for some of us. It's a bottle of water or a can of Dr. Pepper. It's the laughing so hard while drinking it. It's the spitting it out when the opposite team does something amazing. It's the throwing the can when something goes really wrong. It's sharing.

8. Vendors and Activities - Go visit our museum if you are at the University of Alabama for a game. Enjoy the vendors and just have a great time. Plus there could be special guest appearances or activities.

9. Game time - Tt's time to load up and head towards the stadium for the Walk of Champions where you will cheer on Alabama players when they arrive. If you have tickets to the game then your party will continue with the game. If you don't have tickets head back, sit back and relax with your satellite tv and cheer along with your own party, because who needs 101,821 other people cheering with you (even though you'll hear it.)

So I asked them, "What is this high place you are going to?" And it is still called Bamah today.' - Ezekiel 20:29

Yep, we even love our Bible verse.

Do you love football? Does your family have the tradition of tailgating? Have you ever been tailgating? Let me know! And you come to a game let me know too!

No comments