Thankful Thursday 2017 - Week 5

Welcome back to another week of Thankful Thursdays! This is week fifth and final week of Thankful Thursday 2017! If you don't know what Thankful Thursdays are on my blog, refer to this blog. There are always so many blessings right in front of us; we just have to open our eyes and hearts to receive them. So what am I thankful for this past week?


Many people claim to be loyal, but it is hard to find a trustworthy person. - Proberbs 20:6


My best friend over at A Pop of Jess has been doing Thankful Thursdays with me for a few years now. She decided this year to change up her layout this year. And I figured since this is the last Thankful Thursday of 2017 I would do the same layout as her.

General

Friends that turned into family. I love my family don't get me wrong. I love my parents with all of their flaws. I love my siblings to death. But the friends that keep me sane while my family is driving me insane is what I am truly grateful for in life right now. They remind me of the good in life. From Jessica, to Chris, to Vin, to Ridge I am grateful for the ones that bring a smile to my face while tears are cascading down it.

Moment of the week

This I am actually in agreement with Jess from A Pop of Jess. Her daughter loves Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid. Well she loves the queue for it. There are fake shells embedded in the concrete and that child thinks that is pure magic. We have stopped getting a fast pass plus for it because she just explores the long line. She isn't bored at all. Her joy is found in that area of Magic Kingdom. I am grateful for children who still have imaginations and still seek little details in areas.


Food

Krave Jerky: Sweet Chipotle - There is something about Disney World that makes me crave chocolate milk and beef jerky. I don't know what it is. Do not ask me, because I do not know. But it  does and this jerky is simply divine. I love the heat with this jerky.

Faith


This week started the advent season. Advent is the new year of a Christian year. This year we aren't doing advent as a family. It just didn't come together in time. However, I am enjoying The Journey: A Seasons of Reflections. I love thinking about the first Christmas without all of the rush. I'm also thinking about my faith for the new year. I desperately want to return to church. I am starting to really miss it.


Quote

"How can you create richer, slower, sweet breathing room in your life? That is where simplicity is found: in committing to what's important and giving yourself permission to have margin in your life." - Emily Ley, A Simplified Life

No comments