Blogmas Day 11: 10 Things I'm Doing Well

Hey everyone! Let's have a real chat today. A really good chat about something that is hard to talk about in this day and age. Something that people will think is us looking for validation. It's not. This is about us during the holidays. And it is a tough question. What are ten things you are doing well right now?


“The spirit of the season never has to end as long as you keep your loved ones near, and the holiday wishes in your heart.” – Jiminy Cricket

So where did this topic come up? Let's talk about one of my favorite podcasts that I have adored this year, 10 Things to Tell You. It is a wonderful product by Laura Tremaine. Her old blog Hollywood Housewife was epic. And I discovered not through that but Sorta Awesome with Meg Tiez! She also has another podcast called Smartest Person in the Room. I adore these podcasts.

But back to the topic now. It's almost the middle of December, it is the middle of Advent. So, what are you doing well? Not what are you not doing well, but what are you doing well? And, Laura really wants us to answer this. I'm about to be vulnerable and share this with everyone!

1. Learning about myself. This was one of the things on my bucket list this year was to learn more about myself. I learned a lot about personality tests and even more than that about the enneagram! But, I've started listening to my body more and listening to it. I've started learning more about my faith and what it looks like to others. This is huge for me because I used to just be a coaster through life. But, now I'm learning boundaries and limits.

2. Reading the Bible Daily. This is huge for me! I have never read the Bible. I would try and fall off the wagon so quickly. But this is where technology is amazing! Thanks to the Bible App, and She Reads Truth I am loving being in the Bible daily. That comes as a surprise to me when used to my eyes would glaze over, but I'm really digging deep!

3. Powersheet Prep a.k.a goal setting. I was worried about doing all the Powersheet Prep work this week! But I've actually stayed on top of it. While I will not do my Vision Board or January Tending List until later, I have knocked all the other stuff out! I've even been enjoying it!

4. Seasonal living. Oh, how I love tiny holidays and big holidays and seasons! I squeal in May because the fall stuff arrives at Hobby Lobby! I get goosebumps when the Christmas trees come out! I love the pink and red colors that follow Christmas! I really do think I do that I do seasonal living well.

5. Daily Prayer & Gratitude. This was another thing for 2019 that I wanted to work on. I haven't been as dedicated to gratitude like I wanted to be, but here lately I have felt that my gratitude and prayer life have come alive! Sometimes, they are together, but sometimes they do not go together. It's a struggle at times to find gratitude which is sad looking at it because I have so much to be thankful for in my life.

6. Giving myself grace. Oh, has this one been in the works for a long time. I think that it has also helped me a lot. Learning that some things are just out my control and learning that I am worth more than doing that more to stress me out doesn't help me at all. Finding beauty in everyday things helps me to discover how to redirect the guilt and such.


7. Singing Christmas Songs. When the last trick or treater leaves my porch and I pry the last costume off my children it's time for Christmas songs! I love Christmas songs! It is so happy and then some of them are calm. It's something I really think makes the holiday season! So many people don't like Christmas music or put a time limit on it. I just feel for these people. They are blocking out the joy!

8. Being More open-minded. Oh, this concept goes against my upbringing. My family's thinking left no room for gray area. It was this or that. But, I'm learning to stretch my mind and learning to see different opinions and such. I like different takes on some things, but like I said I'm learning not to react to everything I'm against and actually let myself think of putting myself in someone else's shoes.

9. Advocating for mental health. I've learned how crucial mental health is to everyone. I used to scoff at it, but here in the past few years, it's as important as physical health. Why? Because it affects our physical health. Some people think that it's still a taboo subject or that is nothing more than a joke. It's real and it needs to be addressed even more and I will help that movement!

10. Marking things off my 20 before 2020. I have this whole list of 20 things before 2020. It was Day 2 of Blogmas 2019 and I have been making strides to accomplish this. It feels good to get some of the things off this list done!

What are the things you are doing well? Be honest, and dig deep! Let me know in the comments below!

No comments