First Week of Advent: Hope

What is hope? What goes through your mind when the word hope is mentioned? Some people automatically got to a spiritual mindset. I will be honest. I am not one of those people. I should be, but I'm not. To me it's one of those that I throw around every day.



That's something that I really want to work on. To stop throwing around words. Hope shouldn't just be thrown around. Hope is more than a wish, or at least it should be. Hope is when you place your faith in God for something.

This advent season hope is found to be true because God gave us Jesus. The hope of the world, so that it won't perish. Those who believe will not die, but have every lasting life.

Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am. - John 14: 1-3

When Bryant was diagnosed with cancer a few years back there was a lady that gave my dad a bag of "hope."

A bag of Hope

A star to remind you to keep shining.
A paperclip to help you hold your things together.
An eraser to fix all the small mistakes.
A lock to keep all your secrets safe.
A penny so that you're never broke.
A rubber band to help you stretch beyond your limit.

This was a sweet idea. My dad still has it in his truck to this day even though for the past two years Bryant's scans have come back clean. Praise to the Lord!

“Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.  In his name the nations will put their hope.” - Matthew 12: 18, 21

I like to remember Hope as Hold On Pain Ends. God heals us all. He is close to us in pain. But you have to believe and have the faith. God will come through on His end.






No comments