Disney Sunday: Top 5 Interesting Firsts on Our Disney Trips

The Collins family (plus McLachlan, some Raposo, and few other family names) just returned from Disney World. It was the biannual family trip that the Collins now take together. It was a lot of fun because we did some newer things for us. Newer people in our life brought out some great new memories. So my top 5 moments from our February 27 - March 5, 2016 are:



Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular in Hollywood Studios - This ranks up there with Wishes to me. Whiles Wishes has it's home in Magic Kingdom. I definitely feel like this Star Wars fireworks has a perfect home in Hollywood Studios. This was worth the wait and the standing! Plus the Starbucks in Hollywood Studios now has the butter finger cupcake which you used to only be able to get before 3 PM at the Starring Rolls Cafe.

This was amazing fireworks and I really enjoyed watching for the first time.


 



Here is a small sneak peak of the fireworks!

Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian - I have done this before but I was by myself. This time I came with my fiance, and his best friend. I have to say this is better than I remember it. I love this and absolutely can't wait to do it again.


Each person gets to pick which set of courses they want. The Bedfordshire Tea which is the least fancy one. First Course - Medley of finger sandwiches accompanied with berries, cheese and lavosh. Second Course - Buttery cone and jam tart. Finale - Choice of delicate house-made pastries, strawberries and creme, or english trifle.

For sandwiches we got the egg salad, golden beet and goat cheese, curried chicken salad, and cucumber. It also had generous slices of Tillamook and sage cheddar cheese with lavosh (the cracker under the cheese), grapes, black berries, blue berries, and a small caramelized onion tart.

I got the strawberries and creme (I will forever get it!) and so did Dylan. Vin picked out the house-made pastries.
 


Fireworks from Dylan's room at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Dylan didn't actually come with my family. He was there with his family. But he ended up just rooming with them and hanging out with us! Wooho! However, they had regular that have a fantastic view of Magic Kingdom. They didn't pay anything extra for this. It was amazing to set on a bed and watch Wishes! Yes I know all the other deluxes have this. But I have to say having this for no extra cost would have been a plus in my books.



Flower and Garden Festival - This technically isn't a first, but it was dang near close! It had been forever since I had seen the Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT. I was excited and it didn't let me down! I love, love how they decorate and showcase this.




Extras:

Carolina engaged!!!! My dear sweet cousin who is also my best friend and been a partner in crime since she was born got engaged! She has finally found her true love that gets just as excited about her as she does him.

DVC night in Magic Kingdom! Oh my goodness I loved this night. It was incredible! The fireworks was almost like New Years Eve! It was truly amazing!

Author's note: Let me explain this title. I have been feeling low about my blog this year. As you can tell I just haven't felt like I am accomplishing much with my blog this year. I do hope to continue to bring you awesome content about Disney, but I am also going to go back to personal posts. That's where my heart is truly at when it comes to my blog. My favorites will return at the end of May. March and April will be me regrouping, so that I hopefully can come back stronger than ever.

No comments